Wildlife: Cardinal Photos

Wildlife: Cardinal Photos

This was taken in our yard. The wind blew down the feeder and my favorite cardinal and his mate had fun eating out of the bird feeder on the ground.

By Linda from Erial, New Jersey

Answers:

Wildlife: Cardinal Photos

Linda, I love the picture! What kind if bird is that on the arm? Thank you for sharing :-)

Jennifer, Northern Virginia (05/08/2009)

By ILuvDobes

Wildlife: Cardinal Photos

I was also wondering what that bird is on the arm. I live in Canada and have one of those hanging around with the English Sparrows. (05/08/2009)

By catastrofy

Wildlife: Cardinal Photos

The bird on the arm is either a house sparrow or a purple finch, depending on the depth of coloration and the area in which he lives. We, here in south Georgia, have only house sparrows, but they're equally beautiful. Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal saw a good thing and took advantage of it, didn't they?! I love seeing them, and the assorted finches and sparrows, flying around my feeders. Have a lovely day and God bless you! (05/09/2009)

By tedsmom

Wildlife: Cardinal Photos

The bird that hangs around with my English sparrows has dark orange on it's head and throat, and light orange, fading to tan on it's back. The feathers on it's back, that I saw when it spread it's tan wings, were deep orange. The rest of the body is tan, never seen one before. (05/09/2009)

By catastrofy