Wildlife: Creepy Spider and Web

Wildlife: Creepy Spider and Web

I was in my back yard cleaning up, when I nearly bumped into this very efficient looking spider web complete with the actual spider in waiting. I was startled for a second, I suppose he was too. I recovered quickly and grabbed my camera.

By Lauren from Topeka, Kansas

Answers:

Wildlife: Creepy Spider and Web

Happy that you didn't kill it! A lot of people would have freaked out and grabbed a broom or something to smash it with. Spiders have a purpose too. Neat photo! (10/28/2009)

By peej

Wildlife: Creepy Spider and Web

Ewwww! Scary! I hate spiders - what a good photo though! (10/28/2009)

By wdyjsu

Wildlife: Creepy Spider and Web

Creepy yes, but also cool! What a neat picture! I will have to admit that I am afraid of spiders, but as long as they
don't bother me, I won't bother them. LOL (10/28/2009)

By sameoleme

Wildlife: Creepy Spider and Web

My question is, What kind of spider is it? Is it poisonous to us? The web is different from most spiders. (10/29/2009)

By jackie

Wildlife: Creepy Spider and Web

Yes! This is a very poisonous spider. if you look and see how his fangs curl near the end. It means it is a Hobo Spider. Its bite will cause a fever and the skin to die around the bite. In severe cases, you can lose a limb. (02/08/2010)

By lou28

Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Spider Web Layered Taco Dip
Spider Web Layered Taco Dip Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
A cupcake decorated to look like a black spider.
Making Spider Cupcakes
🎄