Spider Photos

Category Wildlife
These arachnid garden helpers are very interesting and create beautiful snares for catching their food. This page contains spider photos.

What type of spider was that on the blackeyed susan, it was the very first picture at the top of the guide? I had three very large ones. I was told they were brown recluse, because of the violin pattern on the back. The only difference between your picture and the ones I saw was the color, they were lighter, more of a beige with dark brown violin on the back. They were at least 3 to 4 inches in size. Please help I can't seem to find them on the internet.

By Linda from North central PA

Answers

Everything that I have read about the brown recluse indicates that they are very small. I don't think the one on the sunflower is a recluse, but I would suggest contacting your local university for their entomology department.

You can usually reach them online and I have found that everyone is so good at helping.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I was leaving my apartment to go to the market and the sun was hitting this spider web just right to be able to notice it outside of my neighbors apartment. I just had to go back inside and fetch my camera!

It took a couple dozen shots because of the way the sun was shining and some obstacles in the way so I am really, really pleased to have been able to capture these two that turned out of Mr. or Ms. Spider waiting for dinner ;-)

By Deeli

Spider and Web

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

The Itsy Bitsy Spider. . . No, it's a Crab. . . No it's a Spider!

What the well-dressed crab spider is wearing this season in Amy's Garden. This striking black and white pokadot ensemble can be dressed up or dressed down depending on your Holiday event. It would be perfect for that special upcoming Holiday party.

Could be worn to a formal Thanksgiving dinner, informal Christmas brunch or just hanging out in the garden with friends, waiting for the food to arrive! Notice the amazing style, details and fit, just perfect for enjoying the season!

By Sharon

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

I have an illness that puts me through a lot of pain on a daily basis, so I use my gardening and pictures as therapy. I couldn't believe it when I saw this granddaddy longlegs on my favorite flowers. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Daddy Longlegs and Flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

A "fishing spider" I came across yesterday. It was quite large, it is on a 4 inch pole for size reference. Talk about nightmares!

Fishing Spider

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

We were supposed to be rushing off to town for the day's errands and meetings when my husband willingly pointed out this spider hanging out in the bushes near our home and garden. He was so beautiful that I couldn't help but take time out of our busy schedule to photograph him.

Close up of Spider on Web

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I went out on my patio to look around and found this beautiful web complete with the spider who created it. I was surprised how well the web reflected in this flash photo. I love catching moments like this!

nighttime photo of spider in its web

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I took this photo while trying out my new camera last spring. I wanted to see how good the images come out close up.

So I was literally only the width of the camera and maybe another inch away.

Spider on brown flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Granddaddy long leg spider on tomato plant.

Daddy long legs on tomato plant.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

I found this spider wrapping up a rather large, recently captured beetle. I think it will be eating well for a while.

Spider Feast

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This is what awaited me when I opened the curtains one morning. The screen is blurring the picture, but you can see the size of the spider (about the size of my hand) compared to our friendly magpie who was sitting about a foot from the window.

Photo through the windoe of a large spider and a magpie below.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This is a colorful photo I took of a spider that just caught a fly. I don't know how the spider let me get so close to take this picture, and I don't know how I was lucky enough to get it at this perfect moment.

I guess timing is everything (for me and the spider.. not so much for the fly though).

Timing Is Everything (Spider and Fly)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

The female black widow spider is easily recognizable by the hourglass marking on her abdomen. The males are often lighter in color and exhibit a series of red spots on their abdomen rather than the hourglass shape. This page contains photos of black widow spiders.

A black widow spider in the garden.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

The wolf spider is a larger specimen and an excellent hunter. They tend to lead a solitary life and do not spin webs. This page contains wolf spider photos.

A wolf spider photographed from the front.

Argiope appensa (Banana Spider) is a spider that is found mostly in warmer tropical climates. Here are some Banana Spider photos.

Banana Spider

The argiope spider is a common yellow garden spider that is also known as the black and yellow garden spider, corn spider, writing spider, McKinley spider, and the golden garden spider. This page contains argiope spider photos.

Argiope Spider

Load More

Photos WildlifeAugust 27, 2013
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Spider-Photos.html