Wildlife: Spider

I took this photo while trying out my new camera last spring. I wanted to see how good the images come out close up. So I was literally only the width of the camera and maybe another inch away from this dried plant outside my home when I snapped this photo. I went in the house and uploaded all my images.

When I looked at this photo, I almost screamed. I could not believe I was that close to this spider without ever seeing it! It looks much larger than it looked with the naked eye, I know. I had to go back outside to look without my camera to see why I did not notice it! It's coloring is one reason, but it was pretty small, too.

By Jodi

When the first picture was shown, I thought "I don't see a spider" but in the second one. It is there! It blends in so well with the plant doesn't it? Mother nature at work!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos WildlifeDecember 17, 2010
💘
🍀