Identifying a Spider

What type of spider was that on the blackeyed susan, it was the very first picture at the top of the guide? I had three very large ones. I was told they were brown recluse, because of the violin pattern on the back. The only difference between your picture and the ones I saw was the color, they were lighter, more of a beige with dark brown violin on the back. They were at least 3 to 4 inches in size. Please help I can't seem to find them on the internet.

By Linda from North central PA

Everything that I have read about the brown recluse indicates that they are very small. I don't think the one on the sunflower is a recluse, but I would suggest contacting your local university for their entomology department. You can usually reach them online and I have found that everyone is so good at helping.