Wildlife: Hawk

I was lucky to get this shot with my new camera while driving down a country road that I travel frequently. I see these hawks a lot but was never able to get a decent shot. I spotted him, slowed down and made sure no cars were coming, grabbed my camera and took it right through the windshield. He was definitely the largest one I have seen and I made sure not to get too close because they will fly off (I knew from experience). The zoom on my camera is great and I considered this a special day!

By Robbie

Wildlife: Hawk

Wildlife: Hawk

I always thought hawks were spectacular, loved to watch them ride the thermals far overhead. (06/24/2010)

By JustPlainJo

hawk on dead tree branch
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife