Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

With one flower bed dedicated to enticing butterflies and birds to stop in for a visit, I was delighted to be able to get these photos of this Monarch. The garden was full of them for days as they migrated south. We had a swarm of them that was like a small cloud go over the house and land in the trees, the site of a life time I will never forget.

By Ann

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Answers:

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

How pretty. Thanks for sharing. (05/12/2010)

By keeper60

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

This could win a prize in a photo contest. Gorgeous. (05/13/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

Hi Ann, this is a wonderful thing you have done. I am trying very hard to get a section started also but it certainly is taking awhile to get established. My passionflower vines are attracting gulf fritillaries. Last year I planted milkweeds and mallow for monarchs and other butterflies; they are finally coming up. What are the plants you have in the photo? They are beautiful. Please share more photos if you have them. Thanks (05/13/2010)

By ms. carmen

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly

About 15 years ago I saw a massive migration of monarch butterflies I'm sure there were thousands. I stopped and watched and never forgot the awe I felt. (05/13/2010)

By loridawn1956

Wildlife: Monarch Butterfly
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🎉
🎄