Monarch Butterfly Photos

Category Butterflies
These beautiful black and orange butterflies are possibly the best known North American species. This page contains Monarch butterfly photos.

Monarch Butterfly Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Monarch Butterfly Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

I have been very lucky when it comes to getting close enough to the creatures that I spy in my backyard. I love watching the butterfly's so much. They all seem to have their own personalities too! This particular one was quite playful and didn't mind being photographed.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

I have a very ignored flower garden that has produced some beautiful lantana blooms and has drawn a large family of Monarch butterflies this early fall season here in North Central Louisiana.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

Out among the flowers on a sunny day came this beautiful Monarch butterfly. He stayed awhile, adding his beautiful hues to the garden colors.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

This is a butterfly that I found on our front porch. He wasn't alive when I found him, so I put him in a paper bowl that I had. I took him to my children's elementary school, so they could all see it close up and enjoy all of its beautiful details.

Comment Like this photo? 62

This Monarch butterfly was in our very small yard, where she was laying her eggs, on the plant she landed on. She would fly around, come back, lay her eggs, then fly around again and again. She came back for about a week or so to lay her eggs.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I came across this beautiful Monarch butterfly on an early morning walk this September. Intensely feeding on nectar, and pollinating the flower, he did not seem to notice me at all! Quietly, I leaned in closer and closer until I captured him on film. Then I left him unbothered and continued on.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I was trying out a digital camera I bought at a garage sale a couple of summers ago and happened to get a close up picture of a monarch butterfly sitting on a butterfly weed plant in my garden.

Comment Like this photo? 5

A male and female monarch butterfly released.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

A Monarch butterfly and honey bee feeding at my hummingbird feeder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Here is a view of the Butterfly worm I found. It was attached to the back of a Milkpod leaf. I brought it home and it ate the leaves, then attached itself upside down on the container.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

A local gang congregating in my alley. Picture of butterlies.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Monarch Butterfly Photos

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following Monarch Butterfly Photos. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

This page contains red admiral butterfly photos. Seeing a beautiful butterfly gracefully fluttering in the garden is a joyous experience.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Enjoying Life's Little Moments Photo. We have to learn to enjoy life's little moments.... Otherwise we'd all go insane!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This was my last day living at this house that I loved, it had a beautiful butterfly garden, and this gorgeous friendly Monarch let me snap away at her/him for 30 minutes.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Another picture of a Monarch butterfly. There were two but I was unable to get a perfect picture of the two together.

This photo came out perfect in every way. How lovely he/she is!

I started growing milk weed in my city garden a couple of years ago and was able to get a picture of this Monarch taking a drink.

I love butterflies and didn't want to miss an opportunity to get a shot of this beauty before it moved on to greener pastures, so to speak.

With one flower bed dedicated to enticing butterflies and birds to stop in for a visit I was delighted to be able to get these photos of this Monarch.

I was surprised to see a Monarch butterfly resting in my front yard at night. It was there for at least 5 hours that I kept checking.

A Monarch with it's wings open on the white flowers of the butterfly bush in the backyard.

I recently took my daughter to a butterfly exhibit at a local greenhouse. They charged a small admission, and this served as a fundraiser for a children's organization.

This is a picture of a butterfly (monarch?), that I took on my sunflowers.