Monarch Butterfly Photos

Category Butterflies
These beautiful black and orange butterflies are possibly the best known North American species. This page contains Monarch butterfly photos.

Monarch Butterfly Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Monarch Butterfly Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

I have been very lucky when it comes to getting close enough to the creatures that I spy in my backyard. I love watching the butterfly's so much. They all seem to have their own personalities too! This particular one was quite playful and didn't mind being photographed.

Monarch Butterfly

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

I have a very ignored flower garden that has produced some beautiful lantana blooms and has drawn a large family of Monarch butterflies this early fall season here in North Central Louisiana.

Monarch Butterfly on Flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

I took this photo in the butterfly garden. There were so many lovely beautiful, colorful, quiet little beauties in that garden! I must have taken 100 pictures that day. Thru the camera lens I peered and snapped photos and all of a sudden I saw an elephant!

Elephant in the Garden - butterflies  on tree trunks that resemble an elephant

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Out among the flowers on a sunny day came this beautiful Monarch butterfly. He stayed awhile, adding his beautiful hues to the garden colors.

Monarch Butterfly (Santa Barbara, CA)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

This is a butterfly that I found on our front porch. He wasn't alive when I found him, so I put him in a paper bowl that I had. I took him to my children's elementary school, so they could all see it close up and enjoy all of its beautiful details.

Comment Like this photo? 62

This was one of the first pictures I took as an amateur photographer during my freshman year of high school. My mom and I had a fun day going to the botanical gardens and taking pictures of nature. I loved the colors in this picture!

Butterflies Galore! - butterflies on orange slices in a shallow outdoor water filled basin

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

We have so many butterflies on our zinnias and here's a picture of one.

Monarch on a Zinnia - butterfly on an orange zinna

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This Monarch butterfly was in our very small yard, where she was laying her eggs, on the plant she landed on. She would fly around, come back, lay her eggs, then fly around again and again. She came back for about a week or so to lay her eggs.

Butterfly in the Afternoon

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I came across this beautiful Monarch butterfly on an early morning walk this September. Intensely feeding on nectar, and pollinating the flower, he did not seem to notice me at all! Quietly, I leaned in closer and closer until I captured him on film. Then I left him unbothered and continued on.

Busy Butterfly (Monarch Butterfly) - butterfly on flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I was trying out a digital camera I bought at a garage sale a couple of summers ago and happened to get a close up picture of a monarch butterfly sitting on a butterfly weed plant in my garden.

Comment Like this photo? 5

A male and female monarch butterfly released.

A monarch just released, on a pink flower bush.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

A Monarch butterfly and honey bee feeding at my hummingbird feeder.

Butterfly and honeybee on feeder

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Here is a view of the Butterfly worm I found. It was attached to the back of a Milkpod leaf. I brought it home and it ate the leaves, then attached itself upside down on the container.

Monarch Butterfly

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

A local gang congregating in my alley. Picture of butterlies.

Butterflies in the Alley

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Monarch Butterfly Photos

Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following Monarch Butterfly Photos. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

Enjoying Life's Little Moments Photo. We have to learn to enjoy life's little moments.... Otherwise we'd all go insane!

monarch butterly

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

The viceroy butterfly very closely resembles the monarch with a similar wing pattern. The viceroy is a native to North America including parts of Mexico and Canada.

The caterpillars feed on the leaves of trees in the willow family. This page contains viceroy butterfly photos.

Viceroy Butterfly on a flower.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More

Home and Garden Gardening Insects ButterfliesApril 23, 2013
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Monarch-Butterfly-Photos.html