Identifying Insect Eggs?

Yesterday I saw about 30 of these on the railing of my wood deck. At first I thought they were ants carrying crumbs, but after looking closer I only see a small black dot on the bottom. They seemed to be wiggling some. Today I found even more on the back deck and some on my wood front railing. I am not sure what they are or where they came from!

Answers

Best Answer

These are called Hypoaspis Mites- Wood Mites. They are not dangerous to people, but they love damp, moist, often older wood. Here is some history- www.hunker.com/.../how-to-get-rid-of-wood-mites

Best Answer

I ended up emailing an entomologist that was listed and he thinks they are small bagworms. That makes sense because after doing some research it looks like the neighbors behind us have bagworms in their tree. Thanks for all your help!

Best Answer

These are wood mites and they love to live on damp wood. If you've had a lot of rain lately and the wood is or stays damp you can attract these bugs and they are a pain.

They do not hurt the wood but they are hard to get rid of and I would suggest that you do this because when they hatch you'll have tons of mites all over your home and yard and then it is a mess to get rid of them.

Answer this Question

92 More Questions

I found tons of those eggs in the soil and around the root system of a house plant I was transplanting. What are they?

Answer this Question

I woke up this morning and found this black mass of I don't know what on my bathroom wall, but it may be eggs of some kind of insect. Does anyone have any ideas?

Answers

Best Answer

Yikes! Looks like larvae. Get rid of it:

Step 1
Pour boiling water on them, gather the waste, and dispose of them far from your house

Step 2
Flush the drain with bleach and boiling water

Step 3
Deep clean your shower

Step 4
If you see any full grown after these steps, they can be eliminated with any commercial insect-killing spray.

Answer this Question

Can you please tell me what type of insect eggs these are? I found them in the corners of my office kitchen. They are behind boxes and cardboard. I also found them in-between the broom bristles and along the edge of the wall. There are quite a few of them.
If you could please provide me some tips on how to avoid getting these eggs or killing off the main insect would be helpful.

Answers

Best Answer

To identify an egg is not that easy. However, there is a way to find out what the insect egg is.

Step 1
Take the eggs that you have gathered and put them in a plastic bag.

Step 2
Go to a pet exterminator company and show them the eggs.

Step 3
They will help you identify the eggs and the insect.

Step 4
Find out if you can take care of this at home on your own.

Step 5
You might need a professional to come in to spray for the insect and the eggs.

Answer this Question

What insect eggs are these? On the glass door to my back garden.

Answer this Question

I came home to my Florida wonder house and found this on the floor not near anything else. Any ideas?

Answers

Best Answer

These are not eggs from any insect. This is wood from a termite eating your home.

You need to get it sprayed right away in order to save the wood in your home.

Best Answer

This looks like Frass from termites...the termites chew the wood and leave behind this type of crumbly mess of sawdust and termite excrement. You should get an exterminator ASAP !!!! Good luck.

Answer this Question

What kind of eggs would these be? They are on a tree. All I can find is maybe lady bugs? Can you help?

Answer this Question

These egg clusters are all over the outside of my house. Any idea what they are?

Answers

Best Answer

They are either moths or stink bugs. Can't get a good look up close--if they are fancy with spiky things they are stink bugs, smoother, something in the moth family.

If you have a pressure washer, I would remove them.

Answer this Question

I found these on my tomato plant, any idea what kind of eggs they are?

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like you could be dealing with stinkbugs, aphids, or tomato hornworms. All these seem to leave yellowish egg clusters on the undersides of leaves.

Constant vigilance and picking the eggs off is one solution.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Yes, they are tomato worms. I have to go through the garden every couple of days & pick them off. You have to squish them, too, so I wear garden gloves.

Answer this Question

These eggs were found on the pantry wall in my camper. Anybody know what they are and if I should be worried?

Answers

Best Answer

I believe your picture is of a Triangulate Cobweb Spider Egg Sac. These are common spiders; more info at spideridentifications.com/triangulate-cobweb.html

Best Answer

These are larva eggs either from a moth or spider that has gotten in your camper. My bet is a moth that has laid the eggs in your camper.

Answer this Question

Anyone know what these are or what insect/pest/critter it belongs to? I find them in the door cracks and on the floor below. I live in Florida and they are sand like in appearance. Thank you guys!!

Answer this Question

I found them on a leaf of my pepper plant. They are very very small and they came up all together (none separated) when I peeled it off the leaf.

Answer this Question

Does anyone know what type of egg this is? That's my index finger as a size reference. It is flat now, and it feels a little bit like a spider's web.

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like a dead silverfish.

Answer this Question

What kind of egg is this? I live in Maine.

Answers

Best Answer

Good picture. Butterfly eggs can be interesting to watch over a period of time. Please leave them alone if at all possible.

This was fascinating to me as I live in Florida and have only seen small patches of eggs before.
Here are pictures of butterfly eggs and doing research some time back I found out they are in different colors according to the species.

www.google.com/search?q=butterfly+eggs&client=firefox...

If you're interested and wish to know how they evolve this link explains everything.

sciencing.com/butterfly-eggs-7230489.html

Answer this Question

I found these in a room I was working on and I was curious to know what they are and if they are dangerous and what I should do from here.

Answers

Best Answer

These actually could be snake eggs from what I can read about them. A snake egg is an oblong shape and has a soft leathery texture to them. If the eggs are like this then I would say they are snake eggs. Do you happen to have snakes in your area and what kind are hey?

Best Answer

They look like moth eggs. If the carpet is wool, holes will confirm. Vacuum them up, then toss the bag. That should eliminate the issue.

Answer this Question
Load More

Home and Garden Gardening InsectsOctober 20, 2017
😷
🎂
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Insect-Eggs-1.html