Butterfly Photos

Category Wildlife
Seeing a beautiful butterfly gracefully fluttering in a garden is a joyous experience. This page contains butterfly photos.

Butterfly Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Butterfly Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

While visiting a butterfly garden last summer with my granddaughter, I stressed the importance of not touching the butterflies. I guess I didn't say anything about giving them a kiss though.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 64

I was outside with family and had butterflies flying around us. A butterfly landed right in front of me and I took a picture of it with my camera phone.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 40

This little fellow decided to do his metamorphosis on the handle to my electric fence. I have been watching the cocoon waiting for the butterfly. Unfortunately a big storm blew in the same day he came out of his cocoon. He was blown into the horse water trough.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

When I go to let the doggies out I bring my camera. I always find something interesting to photograph. I found this wonderful flower bush in the empty lot next to us and so did this butterfly.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

A butterfly befriended my son. I think it would have hung out on him all day, if we'd stayed outside. I was hoping to catch a picture of it with its wings spread open. So I kept trying to get it to move, until I finally captured it with its wings open!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

My family and I had spent the day fishing at a nearby pond but fish were not biting. So I grabbed my camera to catch the butterflies beginning to swarm. I had to try several times to get just the right shot, but it was worth it!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

The garden is such a busy place, but often goes unnoticed. Taking a break from planting, I've watched praying mantis, bees, and butterflies land and wander through just doing what they do. You are never alone in a garden.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

This little beauty landed on the railing of a walkway in a local forest area. This was taken in the beginning of November in Nebraska. That year it got to 80 something degrees that day. Most of the leaves were already gone from the trees, but this little guy gave us some fall colors.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Isn't it amazing and wonderful the exhibits we can view in Museums? When our Grandsons come from Ireland to visit we always visit our Museum of Natural History. They love it!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

This was taken in my sister in law's garden. The butterfly is so gorgeous and I loved that we were able to get such a great closeup of it. This is why we moved to the country, for the beauty that surrounds us every day.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

One spring day this year, my son and I walked out in our front yard and took this picture. It was one of the most beautiful natural images that we have seen.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This beautiful butterfly landed on my zinnia plant yesterday. And it stayed awhile, while I rushed to get my camera. Then it flew away. I hope it made other people as happy as it made me to see it.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Taken by the river at Nesika County Park, these butterflies were playing in the grass and trees nearby. These are very common butterflies along the Oregon Coast, as I see them often near blossoms and once even at the beach!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

You know it's summertime in Australia.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 74

I caught a picture of this beautiful butterfly in my garden. She spent the better part of the morning going from bloom to bloom on my butterfly bush. I really feel grateful to have the chance to watch her for so long.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This butterfly landed on one of our outdoor chairs. It was too beautiful not to photograph.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Butterfly on lantana flower

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I took a walk with my camera one day and when I got back home this butterfly was flying around and after awhile I finally caught a picture of him.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Here is a Fritillary butterfly sitting on picotee sky flowers tree blossoms in our drought tolerant garden. Its lovely silver wing spots on lower side of wing are not visible in this view.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

One day, this butterfly appeared inside my screened-in porch. I choose to believe it is my dearest friend, passed 4 years ago, returning for a visit. It was our favorite place to sit, sip sweet tea and chat.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

My boyfriend and I bought some inexpensive seeds and had no experience with these flowers and little about starting them from seeds. This is the result! It is also the first of our boxes. It takes our breath away! The butterflies are just as enjoyable! Hope you enjoy it too.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3
Load More