Windshield Washer Fluid is Frozen

My windshield washer fluid is frozen. What can I do? Thanks.

Lola

Answers:

Windshield Washer Fluid is Frozen

Most windshield fluids are good to about 20 degrees, you need to buy a deicer for the winter time that is good to a below 0 temp. Putting this in on top of your present fluid will only work if you container is less than 1/4 full. You may have to wait till 1:00pm, the heat of the day, to mix this in with what you have, or you may have to drain your present fluid all together. (01/26/2009)

By Leonard

Windshield Washer Fluid is Frozen

If the fluid is frozen it may be because you used plain water. However, the car should be put in a warm garage to thaw out. You could pour warm water over the windshield washer bottle until the fluid thaws, but you also have to thaw the lines that run from the bottle to the wipers which may be difficult to access. It may be the lines are frozen and not the bottle. (01/26/2009)

By Harry

Windshield Washer Fluid is Frozen

When the windshield washer fluid thaws out, just add some alcohol to it. Mix about a pint of alcohol to a gallon. (01/26/2009)

By boonjaras

Windshield Washer Fluid is Frozen

Here in the interior of BC where winter is truly winter. There is a summer windshield washer fluid and a winter windshield washer fluid. I"d say perhaps you have the wrong season's in your vehicle. (01/27/2009)

By Mary

Windshield Washer Fluid is Frozen

Since hair dryers are used to thaw frozen water pipes, I think I'd try one on my window washing fluid. If your window fluid has frozen, you are not using the proper type for cold weather. (01/28/2009)

By Carol in PA

Windshield Washer Fluid
Windshield Washer Fluid is Frozen
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎉
🎄