Wine Stains on Washable Fabrics

One of my comforters has a red wine stain. What is the best home made recipe to take off this stain without damage to my bed comforter? The fabric is cotton.

By lflores54 from Hanover Park, IL

Answers:

Wine Stains on Washable Fabrics

You're going to think this is crazy, but it has worked for me since I was in my 20s and out every night dancing, and spilling red wine. That is 35 years. Put the item in the kitchen sink with the plug in. Pour cheap white wine on it. You can see the red wine lift out instantly. It's like magic. Then launder as you normally would. When a friend told me this all those years ago, I thought she was crazy. Now, I keep a big jug of cheap white wine under my kitchen sink. (08/19/2009)

By CandaceK

Wine Stains on Fabric
Removing Wine Stains on Fabric
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
Up close photo of a colorful koi quilt.
Cleaning a Quilt
🎉
🎄