Cleaning Faux Fur

If the item made with faux fur is washable, toss it in the machine on gentle cycle and use cold water. For articles that are not washable you will need to spot clean with cold water and mild detergent or other household products. Dry cleaning is also a possibility. This page contains information on cleaning faux fur.

I use a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to clean my brown faux fur chaise lounge, which was purchased in 1975. Cleaning this piece of furniture with white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide brings it "back to life" each and every time I clean it. (without stripping the color) It's amazing! Try it and be prepared to grin!

By Joyce from Bloomfield, CT

How can I clean or freshen up a detachable fake fur (acrylic) collar? Also, how can I get that nice pressed-look crease in it so that it holds its shape? It is lined with polyester fabric that buttons onto the neck of a sweater. The washing instructions say to remove the fur before laundering - no instructions for cleaning the fur.

Thank you!
Debbie from New Haven, CT

Answers

By Jean Leiner (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Work cornmeal into the fur, let stay on about 10 minutes, and then shake/brush out thoroughly.

Answer this Question

I have a beautiful 30 year old brown faux fur chaise, quite a conversation piece of furniture. What type of cleaning solution is best for this piece of furniture? Please help. Thank you.

By Joyce from Bloomfield, CT

Answer this Question

How to clean a discolored "borganna" faux fur jacket from the late 1950s, early 60s

Can someone tell me how to get stains out of faux fur?

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 5, 2019
😷
🌻
📓
🎂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Faux-Fur-3.html