Women's Razor Reviews

There are so many razors designed for women on the market it may be hard to choose the best one for you. This is a guide about women's razor reviews.

October 2, 2009 Flag

I purchased a Schick Quattro razor for women and it is the worst razor I have ever used. I have to go over my legs 3 or 4 times to get a half way decent shave and even then I can still feel stubble. I used to use the Gillette Personal Touch razor and I loved it, but they have stopped making the blades for it.

Can anyone recommend a good razor for shaving your legs? I prefer to not use disposable razors? Or can you tell me where I might be able to find the blades for the Personal Touch razor? Thank you.

By chef4u from Sylvania, OH

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

lol, I had a Personal Touch for years, too. We just might be dating ourselves, lol. Anyway, I gave it up when I tried a Venus razor. The shave is much better, and I have never gotten a razor burn with this type. The downside is that the blades are horribly expensive. I make mine last as long as possible. I use lotion to shave my legs after I shower, so not only do my legs get an extra moisturizer, the razor blade gets a coating as well. They seem to last quite a long time this way, and the shave is still very good. Still I have a hard time spending that much money for razor blades.

I agree that the Venus is awesome! Excellent shave, but blades are pricey. In my area they are approx $10 - $12 for 4. BUT, they do last a long time, and if you are the only one using it (my hubby steals mine occasionally!) you will get an awful lot of use out of them! I'd recommend them in a heart beat!

I called the Schick company and they are going to refund me the full price plus shipping. They gave me a website to order the blades for my Personal Touch razor and they're only $6+ for 8 of them. Yes, I'm dating myself but I don't care. If something works, why change it. By the way, the website is www.nationwidecampus.com and they have many products on this website. Thanks for all your suggestions, but for now I'm going to stick with what I know works. Just call me a kirmudgeon. :)

My fiance bought the Gillette "Fusion" (5-blade razor). They are awesome, but expensive! Three refills are around $15, however, on sale and with the $4-off coupon I was able to get four packages for $3.99 each. What a close, smooth shave and they last for a very long time. Sam's Club sells an 18-pack of refill blades for $35. Best razor we've ever used (and my fiance has a very heavy beard!)

I don't have an answer to your questions. What I am writing for is: did you contact the company (Schick) and let them know of your dissatisfaction. If you can, give date and amount of purchase. They should refund your money or give you free coupons for other products of theirs. Can't hurt and I've gotten lots of free stuff if I have not been satisfied with something. This goes for food too.

Intuition is the only razor for me. I can't see well any more and it lets me shave my legs without nicking myself or leaving razor burn.

There are these super cheap pink disposables made by Personna. You would think by the look of them that they'd be terrible, but they are actually the best razors I've ever used. Better than my pricey Venus--and at a fraction of the cost. You can get them at Biglots and at Walmart.

I use Daisy razors. I know they are disposable, but they last a long time.

On the topic of blades lasting, if you dry a razor blade after using with a blow dryer, it will last much longer! I got that tip from the "Tightwad Gazette"!

My husband and I both use the Gillette Fusion too and agree it is the best razor we've ever used. They are expensive, but I use cheap conditioner instead of shaving cream to make up some of the cost. Conditioner will lasts twice as long as any shaving cream and works better. Its also a good way to get rid of some you didn't like that are just lying around. Hope this helps!

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyFebruary 6, 2013
A woman struggling to put jeans on.
Finding Women's Jeans That Fit
Red Hatter
Red Hat Society Club Ideas
Norelco Razor
Homemade Norelco Razor Cleaning Solution
razor blade
Storing Razor Blades
🎉
🎄