Wood Cutting Board and Serving Tray

Vote for this contest contender!

My husband made this board from scraps left from a breakfast bar top. The breakfast bar was made from different types of wood glued together, sanded and stained. My husband used a jig saw to make a circle and a router to make the decorative edge. Butcher block oil was used to finish the piece for food preparation or serving food. It has inverted handles on each side.

It can be utilized for cutting purposes or using to create a cheese platter or any appetizer, fruit, etc. The board can be sanitized and re-oiled for protection of the beauty of the wood and a conversation piece at a party. A nice entertainment, serving and utilitarian item for my kitchen and memories of my former home.