Raising a Cutting Board

Category Kitchen
This is a guide about raising a cutting board. If you need to raise the height of your cutting board to help keep your counter clean, you can glue feet to the bottom.

I got a granite cutting board as my first Christmas present from my then "new" son in law. I was thrilled. It was pretty and heavy and so easy to clean.
But, sometimes things that are that heavy can make it hard to clean the counter right up to the edge. And when you try, it's just a line of gunk.

So today I fixed that and it's so easy. If you have dominoes, dice, a stack of pennies, jar lids, or scrap wood, you can do the same.

Simply turn the board over, use E-6000 glue to attach your support pieces to each other or to the board, weigh it down, let it dry and turn it over. Voila! I did mine with dominoes and I chose yellow and blue to match my kitchen. I used orange ones in the middle as I hate the color and won't see them.

Now I can clean the counter without making the board dirty.
This really helped and I hope it will help you, too.

Top Comment

Since I posted this, I added a new feature. If you have a plastic lid to a shoe box, an older plate or saucer, cottage cheese lid or something that will fit under the board.

You can pull it out to scrape the stuff into and put in the disposal or trash. This has really helped a lot.