Raising a Cutting Board

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

Raising a Cutting BoardI got a granite cutting board as my first Christmas present from my then "new" son in law. I was thrilled. It was pretty and heavy and so easy to clean. Raising a Cutting Board

But, sometimes things that are that heavy can make it hard to clean the counter right up to the edge. And when you try, it's just a line of gunk. Raising a Cutting Board

So today I fixed that and it's so easy. If you have dominoes, dice, a stack of pennies, jar lids, or scrap wood, you can do the same.

Simply turn the board over, use E-6000 glue to attach your support pieces to each other or to the board, weigh it down, let it dry and turn it over. Voila! I did mine with dominoes and I chose yellow and blue to match my kitchen. I used orange ones in the middle as I hate the color and won't see them. Raising a Cutting Board

Raising a Cutting Board

Now I can clean the counter without making the board dirty. Raising a Cutting Board

This really helped and I hope it will help you, too.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts
Top Comment

Since I posted this, I added a new feature. If you have a plastic lid to a shoe box, an older plate or saucer, cottage cheese lid or something that will fit under the board.

You can pull it out to scrape the stuff into and put in the disposal or trash. This has really helped a lot.

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenDecember 21, 2016
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Raising-a-Cutting-Board.html