Worming a Pregnant Dog

It is best to consult with your veterinarian when concerned about your dog's health. This guide is about worming a pregnant dog.

August 1, 2011 Flag

I want to use diatomaceous earth to treat my pregnant dog for worms. I know that because of her size I need to give her 1/2 teaspoon full. I need to know how long I should continue the treatment and want to know if it is safe to use with a pregnant dog. I would appreciate any advice on these two questions. Thank you.

By Galaxy from CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

After making absolutely sure that you are using FOOD-GRADE Diatomaceous Earth, you may continue feeding your dog with it as long as she lives. Even though our cats are total house cats, they still get that diatomaceous earth 3-4 times a week sprinkled over their food. It doesn't have to be 1/2 tsp all the time, just a sprinkle will work as long as you're also rubbing it through their fur, back and tummies. They're going to pick up more of it from their bedding as well as when they groom themselves. Always be careful that they are not breathing

it in when you're getting it rubbed through their fur.

What they eat moves through the digestive system, which won't affect the reproductive process, so continue with it during and after pregnancy. The puppies will benefit for it as well when they are nursing if you rub it into the mama dog's tummy.

I first learned about DE right here on ThriftyFun, then had a nice long talk with my vet about it who admitted that it works exceptionally well. I noticed that he still isn't selling it though, and I sure wish he would.

Good Luck with your new little family of fur-babies.

I just used Neem Leaf by TheraNEEM organix and Wormwood Combination by Kroeger Herb. Then I had to use a probiotic on the food to help the good bacteria. We are worm free. The food you feed the dog needs to be for a sensitive tummy for awhile, low protein %. Don't know why, but it worked.

February 14, 2013 Flag

Can I remove worms in a full term pregnant dog? She is a big Black Lab and is due any day. I was unaware of the worms til I saw one crawling up her tail on my bed tonight. What can I do to cause no harm to the puppies or my Daisy?

By Deedee

It sounds like tapeworms. They look like a large grain of rice. You would need to ask your Vet about worming. I would not try a do it yourself product with a pregnant dog. Puppies will need worming too.

Pets Dogs HealthFebruary 17, 2013
Dog With Puppies
Children Around a Pregnant Dog
A pregnant golden retriever.
Caring for a Pregnant Dog
A pregnant golden retriever.
Determining If Your Dog Is Pregnant
Pregnant Cat
Giving Medication to a Pregnant Cat
🎄
🍂