Worming a Pregnant Dog

It is best to consult with your veterinarian when concerned about your dog's health. This guide is about worming a pregnant dog.

Pregnant Dog
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I want to use diatomaceous earth to treat my pregnant dog for worms. I know that because of her size I need to give her 1/2 teaspoon full. I need to know how long I should continue the treatment and want to know if it is safe to use with a pregnant dog. I would appreciate any advice on these two questions. Thank you.

By Galaxy from CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just used Neem Leaf by TheraNEEM organix and Wormwood Combination by Kroeger Herb. Then I had to use a probiotic on the food to help the good bacteria. We are worm free. The food you feed the dog needs to be for a sensitive tummy for awhile, low protein %. Don't know why, but it worked.

Read More Answers...

Can I remove worms in a full term pregnant dog? She is a big Black Lab and is due any day. I was unaware of the worms til I saw one crawling up her tail on my bed tonight. What can I do to cause no harm to the puppies or my Daisy?

By Deedee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It sounds like tapeworms. They look like a large grain of rice. You would need to ask your Vet about worming. I would not try a do it yourself product with a pregnant dog. Puppies will need worming too.

Pets Dogs HealthFebruary 17, 2013
Dog With Puppies
Children Around a Pregnant Dog
A pregnant golden retriever.
Caring for a Pregnant Dog
A pregnant golden retriever.
Determining If Your Dog Is Pregnant
Pregnant Cat
Giving Medication to a Pregnant Cat
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 8:03:31 AM on 10.0.2.170 in 801 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.