VegetablesGardening

Zucchini Plants Growing Slowly

I planted new seeds in the middle of May and for some reason the leaves on some of the plants are thick. I got my first flower on one of them today, but I have been planting for 35 years and I have never had this problem. I rotated, bought good seeds, added horse manure, fish emulsion, and milk, but nothing seems to get them to sprout up more. I do have a lot of ants and that means aphids too, do you think I have that one virus? and if I do should I just pull the ones with thick leaves and start all over again? Can anything be done to the plants now besides pulling them?

It seems you have a lot of experience with gardening but sometimes we still need help with a particular problem.

I usually go to my cooperative extension service Master Gardeners for help as they are familiar with what is happening in my area. If you are not familiar with their service and would like to ask them for help you can Google - cooperative extension service Master Gardeners with your zip and an address for your area should show up. They are usually very helpful.

I also use several gardening sites that have very good information so if you are interested I have a couple listed.

http://www.alma … ash-and-zucchini

https://www.har … g_problems_trou/

You may need to hand pollinate these plants.