Homemade Kitchen Degreaser Recipes
Kitchen cupboards, especially those above the stove, often get a greasy buildup that can be difficult to remove. Commercial degreasers can be expensive and may damage the finish on your wood cabinets. This page contains recipes for homemade kitchen degreaser
Now you finally have something useful you can make with all those annoying little soap slivers. You don't have to throw them out anymore, make an all purpose kitchen cleaner! With a few minutes and virtually no cost, you can have a bottle full of de-greaser ready to go. Re-duce, re-use, go green! :)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 22 ounces
Source: Modified from an idea in a book called Make It
- 1/4 cup finely chopped soap slivers
- 1 Tbsp borax
- 2 3/4 cup water
- empty spray bottle
- As you can see, I opted for intact fingers and chose to chop the soap with a knife. The pieces are just too small. :)
- Add 1 cup of water to a pot.
- Add your soap.
- Stir continuously with a fork or whisk over medium/high heat until soap is dissolved. This should take about 5 minutes. Soap soup, smells really clean!
- Add this mixture to your bottle.
- Add the borax.
- Add remaining 1 3/4 cups water. Replace top and gently tilt back and forth to combine.
- Make a new label so you know what it is. :) All set! Great for grimy stoves, oven hoods, microwaves, etc.
October 10, 20150 found this helpful
I love it. I spend way too much on degreasers. Thumbs up!
A natural and inexpensive degreaser is to keep white vinegar, water, and perhaps a drop of dish detergent in a spray bottle. This is handy to keep in the kitchen, but can be used in any room.
By Carla from Huntington, WV
Don't buy degreaser. My mother taught me to use Dawn or Palmolive (or a similar dish soap in terms of grease fighting) directly on the stove top or on another area that you want to clean grease off. Just put it on thickly, let it set for about 5 minutes. Then scrub off. It is amazing how well this cleans compared to fantastic or other specially made cleaners.
November 15, 20090 found this helpful
Really good post! I use it on my glasstop range and in my shower too, as it cuts right through soap scum too!
0 found this helpful
This is a guide about homemade stove degreaser recipes. Cooking usually means that there are grease spatters on your stove.
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 22, 2016 at 3:13:59 PM on 10.0.2.129 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us