Super Duper De-Greaser
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
October 5, 2015
Now you finally have something useful you can make with all those annoying little soap slivers. You don't have to throw them out anymore, make an all purpose kitchen cleaner! With a few minutes and virtually no cost, you can have a bottle full of de-greaser ready to go. Re-duce, re-use, go green! :)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 22 ounces
Source: Modified from an idea in a book called Make It
- 1/4 cup finely chopped soap slivers
- 1 Tbsp borax
- 2 3/4 cup water
- empty spray bottle
- As you can see, I opted for intact fingers and chose to chop the soap with a knife. The pieces are just too small. :)
- Add 1 cup of water to a pot.
- Add your soap.
- Stir continuously with a fork or whisk over medium/high heat until soap is dissolved. This should take about 5 minutes. Soap soup, smells really clean!
- Add this mixture to your bottle.
- Add the borax.
- Add remaining 1 3/4 cups water. Replace top and gently tilt back and forth to combine.
- Make a new label so you know what it is. :) All set! Great for grimy stoves, oven hoods, microwaves, etc.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.