Homemade Kitchen Cleaner Recipes

Homemade KitchenCleaner
You can make your own kitchen cleaner that is as effective as the store bought kind and you control the ingredients. This page contains homemade kitchen cleaner recipes.

This is a guide about super duper de-greaser. Reuse little soap slivers to make an effective all purpose kitchen cleaner.

Super Duper De-Greaser

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I always stock up on bleach, white vinegar, amonnia, borax, 91% rubbing alcohol, and Dawn dish soap. I boil my water. Then from these Items I make most of my cleaners. My favorite kitchen cleaner I make up a gallon at a time. Then I fill up a cut little spray bottle.

To the gallon jug, I mix together ammonia, white vinegar, and rubbing alcohol.
This takes up about 1/3 of the gallon jug. The rest is either boiled water or store bought water.

NEVER MIX BLEACH AND AMMONIA. WHEW!

For the bathroom I can wipe things down with a gallon of water with just two tablespoons of bleach. This is just great for wiping down the phone, door knobs, even the key board on the computer, with the rag wrung out well and be sure to turn the keyboard upside down when wiping it.

Speaking of germs. Everyone washes their hands when they come home from anywhere, even just out in the yard. The hands get washed before they touch much of anything else. I'm not that much of a germophobic, it just keeps down the sniffles and flu.

By Ardis

How do I make my own spray cleaner for the kitchen?

By Irmgard from Port Isabel, TX

here is a recipe

http://itsmells  ose-cleaner.html

I use vinegar or pine oil in spray bottle for kitchen. It does a good job, good luck.

This is stinky, but it will work for ovens...put a dish of ammonia on the floor of the oven, close the door, leave overnight, then wipe off with a soapy rag, then a wet one. If the oven is really greasy, you may have to repeat it or use a scrubbie, but it's not toxic like canned oven cleaner...it has a strong smell, though, so have your windows open or go away for a breath when you need.

I use about 1 part ammonia to 3 parts water with a few squirts of dish soap in a spray bottle for all my greasy kitchen cleaning, I also use a spray bottle of bleach and water solution for general sink and countertop cleaning, also for my white painted cabinets- both of these solutions work great, just watch out that your clothes don't come into contact with the bleach solution, it will ruin them- also make sure you use these seperatly (sp?) because they are toxic if they mix- I also label each spray bottle so there's no confusion about the contents in case another family member would use them (a big yeah, right in my house!)

I like to put a little pine sol in a spray bottle and fill the rest with water, it depends on how much of the pine smell you want. I keep a dish washing liquid bottle full of it and squirt it on the floor when I want to use my swiffer and bit of material I save to clothespin it on to there. I also make bleach/water spray, and also vinegar and water are good cleaners- if you like the smell of vinegar. I also dilute snuggle fabric softener in a spray bottle, about 1 to 1.5 of water or more water depending on how strong of an air freshener or fabric freshener you want to have. It is a great deodorizer and I like to spray it on my clothes all the time for perfume. lol. You can put more water in it, but spray it on fabrics as it makes the floor slippery.

I use one similar to the recipe in the first post. Just mix a couple tablespoons baking soda with a couple tablespoons of dishwashing liquid in about 18 oz. of warm water and stir to combine. A few drops of essential oil like lavender is a nice touch, too. It's cheap, works well and is pretty much chemical-free!

I mix 2 cups water, 1/2 tsp dishwashing detergent (like Dawn) and 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar in a spray bottle. Shake a couple of times to mix and then use for all your cleaning needs. I use it for everything in the house: mirrors, windows, counter tops, toilets, sinks, etc.

Anonymous

All-Purpose Cleaner:

Mix 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda (or 2 teaspoons borax) into 1/2 gallon (2 liters) water. Store and keep. Use for removal of water deposit stains on shower stall panels, bathroom chrome fixtures, windows, bathroom mirrors, etc.

Disinfectant:

Mix 2 teaspoons borax, 4 tablespoons vinegar and 3 cups hot water. For stronger cleaning power add 1/4 teaspoon liquid castile soap. Wipe on with dampened cloth or use non-aerosol spray bottle. To disinfect kitchen sponges, put them in the dishwasher when running a load.

Chopping block cleaner:

Rub a slice of lemon across a chopping block to disinfect the surface. For tougher stains, squeeze some of the lemon juice onto the spot and let sit for 10 minutes, then wipe.