DIY Counter Cleaner

At one point I started making my own kitchen/all purpose cleaner because I wanted to save money and use simpler ingredients.

I take a spray bottle, put in a squirt or 2 of dishsoap, fill up the bottle halfway with hydrogen peroxide, and maybe add a few drops of lavender and tea tree essential oils, then the rest of the way with water. I'm sure distilled water would be best here, but I just do the tap.

I know people also use white vinegar, but I am not a fan of the odour.

The good thing about this cleanser is that, due to the hydrogen peroxide, you can see it froth up white when you are killing germs, which is very satisfying.

I just use ammonia in a spray bottle. There are no streaks and no need to rinse.

I like the foaming of peroxide, too. I have a tiny spray bottle I got from Dollar Tree, 2 oz. I keep it at the kitchen sink. I spray all around the faucet. It foams and kills bacteria. Then, I just rinse. It gets where where a brush or cloth can't.

do you dilute ammonia? It's awful strong

I don't dilute the ammonia as I don't have any problems with its strength. Of course, I would not use it in a tightly enclosed space.

You could dilute the ammonia if you chose. It's almost all water, anyway.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Kitchen CleanersFebruary 20, 2020
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/DIY-Counter-Cleaner.html