Homemade Grease Cleaners

You don't have to buy a specialized cleaner for those greasy jobs around your home. You can make your own recipe with inexpensive, even green products. This is a guide about homemade grease cleaners.

This is a guide about super duper de-greaser. Reuse little soap slivers to make an effective all purpose kitchen cleaner.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I was just wondering if anyone knew of house hold products, i.e. spices that I can clean with. I have used salt before and let it sit, vacuum then brush and vac one more time. However, I am out of salt. I don't have vinegar or baking soda. Would baking powder, corn starch, or any other product work to clean grease stains, mostly from my chef shoes. Thanks. Any help would be great.

By azchef from AZ

Answers

Best Answer

I have used many grease cleaners and have found the DAWN dish detergent is the best degreaser ever. It works on just about everything with a clean sweep. You might have to soak it into the shoes and let set before you wash. You could even wash them in the soap that has been dispersed into the shoes. Hope this works for you.

Best Answer

Also, azchef,(from az also) I use Dawn straight on dish cloth for stove hoods and hard surfaces. It works fantastic and uses very little and much cheaper than any thing else I have found.Use in your kitchen and you'll be very happy with it. It's the only thing I use in my kitchen.