Storing Newspaper Clippings
Newspaper clippings are a great way to keep a record of current events and even family history. However, they begin to yellow and degrade quickly if not stored properly. This is a guide to storing newspaper clippings.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
To save newspaper cuttings, try using acid free tissue paper. Layer items that you want to keep between sheets of the paper, then put into a clear plastic wallet and store in a folder.
By Frankie from Rhyl, North Wales, UKRead 1 Comment
I promise this works.
- one quart of club soda, any brand
- one tablespoon Milk of Magnesia, any kind
- Stir this together in a glass or plastic pan. Now breathe.
- Put your newspaper clipping in to soak for one hour.
- Dry on a paper towel. This removes the acid in the paper and keeps it from yellowing and deteriorating and makes an instant heirloom.
Editor's Note: Thanks for sharing this Ardis, I have not heard this tip. It would be best to test this on an unwanted newspaper clipping before you try it on a treasured one.Read 2 Comments
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:19:25 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us