What to Do with Liquified Tomatoes

I received a bunch of tomatoes over the summer and read that I could liquify and freeze them. Now, I don't know what to do with them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

Use for soups (cream of tomato, vegetable, minestrone), stews (beef, pork, vegetable), sauces (spaghetti), or even tomato, or mixed vegetable, juice.

You can also place them in a saucepan, add a fresh peeled, chopped, tomato (for some texture), and some herbs. Cook til raw tomato is tender, thicken (cornstarch) if you like, and have stewed tomatoes.

Instead of using chopped tomatoes, use the liquified ones to cook, or flavor just about anything, adding a peeled, chopped, fresh tomato whenever you want some texture in the recipe.

I take most of our tomatoes from the garden and put them in a Vitamix, skin and all (but the stem.) I then freeze them or cold pack them. Good to just drink or I make spaghetti sauce. I have my own recipe if you want it

Mike - Elmira, NY

Editor's Note: Mike - Recipes are always welcome.

I inherited many cherry tomato plants when we moved this summer, so I decided to freeze them. I washed, removed stem, then pureed in blender. Then I cooked the sauce in the crockpot for several hours. The result is pretty much tomato juice. I have been using it successfully in soups, chili, and pasta recipies. It must be healthy because it has the skin and seeds. It was free...

please advise at what temperature semi dried tomatoes freeze and how long will it take to extract latent heat

Put them in freezer, then you can use them for cooking pizza & etc, good luck.

Tomato Sauce
Recipes Using Puréed Tomatoes
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesNovember 9, 2000
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
Frozen peach slices.
Freezing Peaches
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants