Jewelry Boxes

I'm already starting a bit of my Christmas shopping for this year, and for the younger girls I was wanting to give them a small jewelry box and some jewelry. I could, of course, go out and buy a cheap jewelry box, but I'd rather get them something more personalized. Are there any other readers that have made jewelry boxes themselves that I could get some suggestions from, or maybe a website that could help me? Thanks!

Melissa

Best Answer

Get on the web and look under crafts. I am an avid rubber stamper and I have made many cool crafts (including jewelry boxes) by finishing unfinshed, wooden boxes with a combination of sealers, rubber stamps and embossing powders and sometimes Chinese papers. It really depends on what you want to do. PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange) has some of the coolest progects in their catalogue.

Try HGTV and log onto Crafton Village. Carol Duvall did a segment on making boxes from different thicknesses of illustration cardboard. These can be modified for all sorts of sizes and take only a little time to make. It's the decorating that will take some time. Decisions, decisions.

Caroline

Making a Jewelry Box
Making a Jewelry Box
Crafts AdviceAugust 1, 2000
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄