How to Make a Jewelry Box from a Pot Holder

Category Containers
Pretty vintage or new pot holders can be used to cover a paper box, creating a unique jewelry box. This craft is quick and easy; it makes a great gift too. This page shows you how make a jewelry box from a pot holder.

When I had a set of old fashioned pot holders, the plan was to sew them together and made a hot pad. But I made a scissor hanger for my daughter then this with the other one. I like this much better! I have seen these done for casserole dishes.

Total Time: 20-30 minutes

Yield: 1

• 1 hot pad ($.25)
  • scissors
  • darning needle
  • 1 box lid for box inside ($.50)
  • 4 ft ribbon or yarn ($.10)
  • marker

1. With the pot holder upside down so your pretty print will show on the outside of the finished box, set your interior box lid in the center. This is important that the lid/box is the right size. If your sides come up too far the box is too small. If they are too short the box is too big. You need to practice the Goldilocks Principle. Mark around your box as to not mark on the box, unless it's never going to be seen again. Mine is, so I was very careful.
  2. Advertisement

3. Draw the corners up to meet and tie with a pretty bow. Or you can knot them and trim close.
  4. Now add your jewelry. This is a great gift for people who love repurposing and handmade things.
  5. NOTE: You can put almost anything in these, office supplies, candy, beads, buttons, you name it. You can even take out the box if you don't have a box or lid you can spare. Just use something for a template and then leave it out.

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersFebruary 12, 2019
🐛
😎
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Make-a-Jewelry-Box-from-a-Pot-Holder.html