Making a Recycled Plastic Container Jewelry Keeper
Reuse those small pretty containers to keep your jewelry organized. This is a guide about making a recycled plastic container jewelry keeper
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I used an expired papaya cream container. I threw away the contents and washed the plastic container. Then I found an empty pressed powder container with a mirror. I took it out and here's what I have made out of it.
- round container
- beads and trimming beads
- art paper
- coloring materials
- Place the container lid on a piece of art paper. Trace its shape.
- Place the container upside down and trace its shape three times.
- Cut out the circles. Glue them place to cover the inner and outer base of the container and its lid.
- Cover the sides with ribbon and glue in place.
- Add trimming beads to the edge of the lid and in the middle body of the container.
- Stick the mirror inside the lid and decorate it with beads.
- Get a piece of cardboard and cut a heart shape.
- Cover with art paper and put some trimming beads around the edge.
- Glue only the tip of the heart in the center of the lid. This will serve as a stand when you open the container.
- Add some artwork on the lid's open space.
- Now you can keep your jewelry inside. Flip the heart open to make the lid stand up.
November 17, 20160 found this helpful
This is very creative and beautiful!!!
November 20, 20160 found this helpful
In This Guide