Share a SolutionAsk a Question

"Just Dating" Gift Ideas

When you don't know someone very well, selecting an appropriate gift isn't always easy. This guide contains "just dating"gift ideas.

December 7, 2006 Flag

What do you get someone that likes to figit a lot, I don't really know what he likes we just started dating and I am lost. I just don't know what to get him.

Ashley from Waco

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You just started dating him so I wouldn't embarrass him with an expensive gift - what if he only had an inexpensive gift for you? It could end a nice relationship. How about tickets for the two of you to go to a Christmas concert with dinner beforehand?

Best Answer

Does he own a car? Get a gift certificate for a carwash. Maybe a gift certificate to a clothing store? Does he have a pet? something for the pet would be nice. I once got my boyfriend a booklet of carwash, wax, etc. for his trunk one year. He loved it.

Rose

Best Answer

Get him something you enjoy doing together. My guy keeps saying how much fun it is when we play just dance for study breaks. Any gift that you guys can do together will be a winner.

Depending on your price range, An MP3 Player of any sorts is a great gift. IPod is the most popular, $199. - $299.

Handheld PSP. (video game player)

Good Luck

I agree with not getting an expensive gift, maybe a little hand-held game, like Tetris or something. They are $10-$15 at Wal-Mart. Movie Tickets would be good, if he likes video games or somehting you could get him a gift-certificate to a gaming store, that way he can pick out what he wants! I like cologne also...pick something that you like, that way you will enjoy the way he smells!!

I could really really use this help.. Because, I am in a relationship of just 3 months and I dont know what to get my SIMPLE guy..

I literally just started dating this guy for less than a month ago and Christmas just came up. I don't want to get anything to overwhelming...lol but I don't want to get something crappy. You know. Any ideas, cause he is a romantic and he might get me something nice? I kinda want something in between! Help me

I would have to imagine this question would be more of an age specific question, or even level of commitment - I wouldn't expect a 16 year old to be able to afford an iPod. However if I didn't already have one it would be a nice gift to receive from my new girlfriend as we can afford it (I'm in my mid 30's) - I too am searching for the right gift for my new GF, it's a tough deal - we both make decent money but it's more the gift - while I was focusing on a 100-200$ range necklace, I wasn't sure and I'm a psychologist :-)

She does have a puppy, thanks for the thought Rosa - I know she wants a few things for her - love through the puppy is an approach I hadn't thought of :P - My thought is if you really care for the person a gift from the heart it the best answer - I'd be happy with a simple card and her wearing a bow in her hair exclaiming she is my present (she already is though) - for those who can afford something bigger dig deep, if he/she's into a specific sports team yet you might not be buy two tickets to a game and go with them, if any of you know my GF whisper "Rose Bowl" into her ear for me!

If you are a starving college student, take some of your beer money & go spend $30 on ingredients and prepare a nice home/apt cooked meal for the two of you - don't put a bow on the Chicken Marsalla though... If you go from the heart and they don't like your gift you may want to think about the relationship - material things don't matter as much as the fact that you can and have the desire to share it with your loved one! Merry Christmas (and all the other holidays you might celebrate) and good luck to all!

Fred

November 10, 2000 Flag

I recently met a man that I like very much. We're at the just dating stage. We will be spending the holidays together. I want to buy a fun gift that's appropriate and personal, but am on a limited budget.

Charlene from Seattle, WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

For me, it would be either bake something (breads or cookies), wrapped real pretty or buy or acquire tickets to an event that you would both attend together! It can be as inexpensive as movie tickets.

Stephe

Best Answer

Choose something that relates to a hobby or that simply says you care. A bag of gummy worms attached to a new book for the "bookworm", a container made to look like a medicine bottle filled with chocolates (label it vitamin "C") for a chocoholic, or even a jar of Hershey's "hugs" and "kisses". You are only limited by your imagination.

Kelly Nelson

How about tickets to a movie, play, ice capades, etc? Or maybe some lottery tickets. Also, if you buy him a Bible, he'll think twice about how he treats you.

Jann McClain - Texas

What about two tickets to something that you would like to go to, too.

Janice

hey

yeah, me and my boyfriend have been together for almost a year now so here are some of the things that i have done..or am going to do.

1. a bulid-a-bear with a phrase recorded by you

2. symbolic meaning to the two of you...ex. the veery first time my bf and i kissed, he missed...lol lame but it was the cutest thing ever... so for a gift he made a shirt that said "hugs and misses"

3.prove to him how well you know him by getting tickets to his fav band or going to see his favorite movie...or my personal favorite....to his favorite resturant.

4.home made!...crafts made by show show you care...buying something isnt nearly important as a custom made craft from you to him.

We have a long distance relationship. For our second month, I gave him a stack of wallet-sized pictures of us and placed it in a shiny metal case. I thought it would be handy because he could take pictures of us and place it in his wallet if he wants. For our third month, I ordered a silver plated fortune cookie and I wrote a quote inside for him. You can order edible fortune cookies and customize it, but I wanted him to have something he can keep.

I just started seeing this guy and I'm stuck on what to get him for Christmas. I think something meaningful is key. What I'm thinking of doing is getting a Acura key chain (that was the type of car he had before he got into an accident and had to write off his car) and putting his name and the model of the car because he loved that car more then anything. Just an idea though!

I'm gonna give my bf a braclet that I made for luck on his birthday allong with a card that includes a few home written poems:)I hope that he will like it=)

Holidays and Parties Gifts GeneralMarch 4, 2013
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Easter Gift Box With Chocolate Eggs Inside
Easter Gift Ideas
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 16, 2017 at 8:24:03 AM on 10.0.0.186 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.