"Just Dating" Gift Ideas

When you don't know someone very well, selecting an appropriate gift isn't always easy. This guide contains "just dating"gift ideas.

December 7, 2006 Flag

What do you get someone that likes to figit a lot, I don't really know what he likes we just started dating and I am lost. I just don't know what to get him.

Ashley from Waco

Best Answer

You just started dating him so I wouldn't embarrass him with an expensive gift - what if he only had an inexpensive gift for you? It could end a nice relationship. How about tickets for the two of you to go to a Christmas concert with dinner beforehand?

Best Answer

Does he own a car? Get a gift certificate for a carwash. Maybe a gift certificate to a clothing store? Does he have a pet? something for the pet would be nice. I once got my boyfriend a booklet of carwash, wax, etc. for his trunk one year. He loved it.

Rose

Best Answer

Get him something you enjoy doing together. My guy keeps saying how much fun it is when we play just dance for study breaks. Any gift that you guys can do together will be a winner.

I literally just started dating this guy for less than a month ago and Christmas just came up. I don't want to get anything to overwhelming...lol but I don't want to get something crappy. You know. Any ideas, cause he is a romantic and he might get me something nice? I kinda want something in between! Help me

November 10, 2000 Flag

I recently met a man that I like very much. We're at the just dating stage. We will be spending the holidays together. I want to buy a fun gift that's appropriate and personal, but am on a limited budget.

Charlene from Seattle, WA

Best Answer

For me, it would be either bake something (breads or cookies), wrapped real pretty or buy or acquire tickets to an event that you would both attend together! It can be as inexpensive as movie tickets.

Stephe

Best Answer

Choose something that relates to a hobby or that simply says you care. A bag of gummy worms attached to a new book for the "bookworm", a container made to look like a medicine bottle filled with chocolates (label it vitamin "C") for a chocoholic, or even a jar of Hershey's "hugs" and "kisses". You are only limited by your imagination.

Kelly Nelson

We have a long distance relationship. For our second month, I gave him a stack of wallet-sized pictures of us and placed it in a shiny metal case. I thought it would be handy because he could take pictures of us and place it in his wallet if he wants. For our third month, I ordered a silver plated fortune cookie and I wrote a quote inside for him. You can order edible fortune cookies and customize it, but I wanted him to have something he can keep.

I just started seeing this guy and I'm stuck on what to get him for Christmas. I think something meaningful is key. What I'm thinking of doing is getting a Acura key chain (that was the type of car he had before he got into an accident and had to write off his car) and putting his name and the model of the car because he loved that car more then anything. Just an idea though!

Holidays and Parties Gifts GeneralMarch 4, 2013
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Easter Gift Box With Chocolate Eggs Inside
Easter Gift Ideas
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
🎄