Browsing: "Just Dating" Gift Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

"Just Dating" Gift Ideas

When you don't know someone very well, selecting an appropriate gift isn't always easy. This guide contains "just dating"gift ideas.

A dating couple.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 7, 2006 Flag

What do you get someone that likes to figit a lot, I don't really know what he likes we just started dating and I am lost. I just don't know what to get him.

Ashley from Waco

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You just started dating him so I wouldn't embarrass him with an expensive gift - what if he only had an inexpensive gift for you? It could end a nice relationship. How about tickets for the two of you to go to a Christmas concert with dinner beforehand?

Best Answer

Does he own a car? Get a gift certificate for a carwash. Maybe a gift certificate to a clothing store? Does he have a pet? something for the pet would be nice. I once got my boyfriend a booklet of carwash, wax, etc. for his trunk one year. He loved it.

Rose

Best Answer

Get him something you enjoy doing together. My guy keeps saying how much fun it is when we play just dance for study breaks. Any gift that you guys can do together will be a winner.

I would have to imagine this question would be more of an age specific question, or even level of commitment - I wouldn't expect a 16 year old to be able to afford an iPod. However if I didn't already have one it would be a nice gift to receive from my new girlfriend as we can afford it (I'm in my mid 30's) - I too am searching for the right gift for my new GF, it's a tough deal - we both make decent money but it's more the gift - while I was focusing on a 100-200$ range necklace, I wasn't sure and I'm a psychologist :-)

She does have a puppy, thanks for the thought Rosa - I know she wants a few things for her - love through the puppy is an approach I hadn't thought of :P - My thought is if you really care for the person a gift from the heart it the best answer - I'd be happy with a simple card and her wearing a bow in her hair exclaiming she is my present (she already is though) - for those who can afford something bigger dig deep, if he/she's into a specific sports team yet you might not be buy two tickets to a game and go with them, if any of you know my GF whisper "Rose Bowl" into her ear for me!

If you are a starving college student, take some of your beer money & go spend $30 on ingredients and prepare a nice home/apt cooked meal for the two of you - don't put a bow on the Chicken Marsalla though... If you go from the heart and they don't like your gift you may want to think about the relationship - material things don't matter as much as the fact that you can and have the desire to share it with your loved one! Merry Christmas (and all the other holidays you might celebrate) and good luck to all!

Fred

Read More Answers...

November 10, 2000 Flag

I recently met a man that I like very much. We're at the just dating stage. We will be spending the holidays together. I want to buy a fun gift that's appropriate and personal, but am on a limited budget.

Charlene from Seattle, WA

Best Answer

For me, it would be either bake something (breads or cookies), wrapped real pretty or buy or acquire tickets to an event that you would both attend together! It can be as inexpensive as movie tickets.

Stephe

Best Answer

Choose something that relates to a hobby or that simply says you care. A bag of gummy worms attached to a new book for the "bookworm", a container made to look like a medicine bottle filled with chocolates (label it vitamin "C") for a chocoholic, or even a jar of Hershey's "hugs" and "kisses". You are only limited by your imagination.

Kelly Nelson

I just started seeing this guy and I'm stuck on what to get him for Christmas. I think something meaningful is key. What I'm thinking of doing is getting a Acura key chain (that was the type of car he had before he got into an accident and had to write off his car) and putting his name and the model of the car because he loved that car more then anything. Just an idea though!

I'm gonna give my bf a braclet that I made for luck on his birthday allong with a card that includes a few home written poems:)I hope that he will like it=)

Read More Answers...
Holidays and Parties Gifts GeneralMarch 4, 2013
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Easter Gift Box With Chocolate Eggs Inside
Easter Gift Ideas
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 8:35:51 AM on 10.0.1.205 in 754 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.