Browsing: Uses for Fishing Line

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Fishing Line

A sturdy plastic string that can be helpful for a variety of things. This guide contains uses for fishing line.

Fishing Line
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 3, 2014 Flag

With summer just around the corner, watermelon season accompanies it! Use string or fishing line to cut the melon.

April 21, 2006 Flag

Tired of your necklace breaking? Restring it with fishing line. Fishing line is very strong and inexpensive.

December 14, 2009 Flag

To save gift wrap paper to use again: When you make your fold and get ready to tape, put fishing line in at the taped area. Leave a small end on each side. When the gift is opened, just pull the line and you have a nice and clean opening. This will save lots of paper to be used again.

The fishing line will not be seen because it doesn't have any color. The paper could be used again for gifts, making gift tags, greeting cards, or gift baskets. You could also frame the prettiest paper, and make wall art or use to cover boxes for gifts or storage.

By Tricia from Ridgeway, VA

September 18, 2007 Flag

As a very stingy gramma, I have got "tight waddery" down to a science. While living in an apartment where the repair people didn't come running when I called, I figured out a way to fix my toilet. I just did it this morning in my 30+ year old condo. We will eventually replace the toilets but this will work until we do.

I removed the chain from the flushing apparatus and replaced it with a double length of fishing line. If you make it exactly the length to fit from the handle to the little rubber stopper thingy, it won't get caught and leave the toilet running all day. Fishing line won't cause those rust stains which torment us at cleaning time. Be sure to leave the link of chain that attaches to the rubber stopper. Just loop the line through that and then through the hole in the lever which attaches to the flush handle. Then wind it several times and tie it securely.

June 19, 2008 Flag

Fishing line is a great cake cutter when you want to avoid the cake and icing transferring to the next piece. We did this at my wedding to avoid the vanilla and chocolate cake from mixing and making the icing on the cake look sloppy.

November 1, 2007 Flag

My youngest daughter sucked a sock in the vacuum hose and then tried to use a wire hanger to take it out and hopelessly jammed it in, it seemed. I came up with the idea of a treble fishing hook and fishing line.

February 8, 2001 Flag

I have a ton of fishing line that I inherited and I don't fish. Does anyone have any frugal or creative ideas for using it?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Cut strings of the fishing line in different lengths, loop each end, attach a Christmas ornament on one end, and thumbtack the other to the ceiling. The ornaments appear to be floating in the air, and makes a beautiful Christmas display.

We recently purchased a kit for my daughter's friend to make her own necklaces and bracelets like the ones found in stores, the ones that stretch, have beads and fit right next to the skin.

The instructions said when you run out of the supplied line, you can use fishing line. - Kenneth

its great for setting up traps for pranks i once used it for pouring a whole bucket of water bombs on my victim

When I lost a screw in my glasses, I threaded a fishing line through twice and knotted it tight. Worked great and didn't show. The office that put another screw in thought it was a neat trick.

MK2008

Guitar strings

May 2, 2006 Flag

Does anyone out there play a folk harp? Here's a $-saving tip - You can use fishing line for your harp strings. Compare the gauge needed with the heaviness of fishing line used for deep sea fishing.

December 10, 2007 Flag

For preparing for target practice for the upcoming deer season, my sister and her daughter picked up walnuts on the ground during a nature walk.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 18, 2013
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Glowing fish lantern centerpiece.
Making a Fishing Theme Centerpiece
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Ice Fishing
Ice Fishing Tips and Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 11:09:40 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 8 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.