Birthday Gift Ideas for a Guitar Player

My boyfriend is turning 23 in a few weeks and I need gift ideas. I'm on a limited budget, but I would really like to do something fun. He loves music and plays the guitar, but I know nothing about guitars and getting him a CD would be pointless. Any ideas?

By Vipercnl from CO

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

Guitar picks are always a good gift for a guitar player.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Also, keep your eye open at garage sales and used book stores for good guitar music books.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Guitar strings are always a great gift. Look online, they are often cheaper than at your local music store. Make sure you find out whether the guitar is a classical or steel string guitar. Also, guitar polish or string polish is another good gift.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Try something related to guitars. For Christmas I found a guitar-shaped miniature clock for my best friend's guitar-playing, teenage son. He and his parents were thrilled.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Paul Kline (Guest Post) 12/25/2004

A great gift would be a Personalized Guitar Strap with ADA on the guitar strap.

TRY: www.guitargifts4u.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Dan (Guest Post) 03/13/2006

I'd check out: http://www.leathersmithdesigns.com/custom-leather-guitar-straps.htm

Great prices and amazing looking guitar straps!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lee Taylor 15 426 09/17/2009

Go to etsy.com and put in a search for guitar and you'll come up with all kinds of cool stuff, handmade by artists all having to do with guitars. You'll probably find a cool guitar keychain or something to hang in his room. The best part is that you are supporting an artist and getting something handmade...not made in China! How cool is that?!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 09/17/2009

I was married to a guitar player once. One Christmas when the budget was tighter than usual, I went to our local family-owned music store and found picks in several weights, an attractive guitar-shaped keychain and a book of blank guitar-tabbed paper. They also had several books of popular tunes tabbed for guitar at a reasonable price, as well as several other guitar accessories.
Since I'm a keyboardist rather than a guitarist, I was grateful for the guidance and expertise of the employees. My then-husband loved his gift.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Mary Lou 14 765 09/17/2009

Maybe you could get him a gift card or certificate to his favorite music store. Poster of his fave band or guitarist, framed.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No