Birthday Gift Ideas for a Guitar Player

My boyfriend is turning 23 in a few weeks and I need gift ideas. I'm on a limited budget, but I would really like to do something fun. He loves music and plays the guitar, but I know nothing about guitars and getting him a CD would be pointless. Any ideas?

By Vipercnl from CO

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Guitar picks are always a good gift for a guitar player.

Also, keep your eye open at garage sales and used book stores for good guitar music books.

Guitar strings are always a great gift. Look online, they are often cheaper than at your local music store. Make sure you find out whether the guitar is a classical or steel string guitar. Also, guitar polish or string polish is another good gift.

Try something related to guitars. For Christmas I found a guitar-shaped miniature clock for my best friend's guitar-playing, teenage son. He and his parents were thrilled.

A great gift would be a Personalized Guitar Strap with ADA on the guitar strap.

TRY: www.guitargifts4u.com

I'd check out: http://www.leathersmithdesigns.com/custom-leather-guitar-straps.htm

Great prices and amazing looking guitar straps!

Go to etsy.com and put in a search for guitar and you'll come up with all kinds of cool stuff, handmade by artists all having to do with guitars. You'll probably find a cool guitar keychain or something to hang in his room. The best part is that you are supporting an artist and getting something handmade...not made in China! How cool is that?!

I was married to a guitar player once. One Christmas when the budget was tighter than usual, I went to our local family-owned music store and found picks in several weights, an attractive guitar-shaped keychain and a book of blank guitar-tabbed paper. They also had several books of popular tunes tabbed for guitar at a reasonable price, as well as several other guitar accessories.

Since I'm a keyboardist rather than a guitarist, I was grateful for the guidance and expertise of the employees. My then-husband loved his gift.

Maybe you could get him a gift card or certificate to his favorite music store. Poster of his fave band or guitarist, framed.

Answer

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceSeptember 15, 2009
Man Tuning His Guitar
Tuning a Guitar
Cereal Box Guitar
Making a Cereal Box Guitar
Cigars in a Box
Making a Cigar Box Guitar
CD Player for Audio System
Buying CD Player for Audio System
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:50:45 PM on 10.0.2.249 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.