Uses for Used ink Pens

Do you know any uses for used pens that are out of ink? Especially the disposable kind.

Best Answer

My eighth grade students (boys especially!) like to use the barrel of the

pen as a paper-wad shooter! Maybe not what you had in mind, but it is a use for them!

Candis - Exceptional Children's Teacher

Best Answer

Cut the outside casing in pieces and when you get an assortment of colours they can be threaded on string or cotton or fishing line, to make necklaces, bracelets, and anklets! kids can have heaps of fun Just a thought.

Best Answer

How about removing the inner workings, and use them to make crafty flower stems for a bouquet of home made flowers. Can be painted varying shades of green or leave them the original colors.

Best Answer

I use them in my arts and crafts when I'm tracing an image from tracing paper onto the final piece. It's better than a pencil when you want to reuse the tracing over and over as you don't cover over the original lines. But you do still need to use a pencil on the back or nothing will transfer!

By chickybiker

Best Answer

I was trying to be clever about hiding some travel cash once & rolled the bill tightly & slipped it down in the empty barrel of the pen - instead of a money belt! I save some of the parts as replacement parts for other pens. Same with some lids like from toothpaste in case it gets lost for instance. You could make a picture frame from some of the cooler looking pens.

Basic blue pens spread on a white background
Uses for Used Up Ink Pens
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Flower Pens
Making Decorated Ink Pens
Model Magic Clay Pens
Making Model Magic Clay Pens
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather