Making Decorated Ink Pens

Category Gifts
Flower Pens
Use your favorite artificial flowers or other supplies to make these cute decorative pens for yourself or as a gift for friends. This is a guide about making decorative ink pens.

I love beautiful things that you can make while spending almost nothing. I have made many of these for myself, they also make great gifts! Usually, a bouquet of flowers is around $20.00 and wilts within the week, these cost a fraction, and last till the ink runs dry. A beautiful gift that requires no crafting skills at all.:)

Place them in a jelly jar or vase, tie with whatever is handy, voila!
You can usually find these materials at your local Dollar Store.

Total Time: 1 minute

Yield: as many as you like!:)

Source: self

• 1 pen ($.10)
  • 1 floral tape ($2.00)
  • 1 fake flowers ($.20)
  • 1 scissors ($.00)
  • 1 jelly jar ($.00)
  • 1 ribbon ($.00)

1. Cut your fake flower stem to about 3" with scissors.
  2. Line the end of your ink pen up with the base of your flower, start wrapping with floral tape. Wrap in a downward spiral motion until you have covered the raw end of the stem.
  3. Ad

4. Start wrapping in an upward spiral back toward the pen end.
  5. Trim floral tape, press down firmly.
  6. Ad

7. All done!

Fast and Easy flower pens make a wonderful gift and pretty package decorations.

Total Time: 20mins

• 2 bunches silk flowers ($2.00)
  • 1 pack black or blue pens ($1.00)
  • 1 pack floral tape ($1.00)
  • 1 pair wire cutter ($0)

1. Push leaves as close to flowers as you can get without pushing the flower off the stem, (voice of experience speaking here).
  2. Cut stem about 2 inches long.
  3. With top of pen facing up place flower next to it. You stretch the tape as you wrap it around and it sticks to itself. Wrap around top twice.
  4. Work your way down the stem overlapping a little.
  5. Wrap 1/4 inch at bottom, below stem, wrapping around stem 3 times. That way it will not poke through. Rip off tape when done.
  6. There you go, a beautiful and useful bouquet, never lose a pen, give as gifts, or decorate your next gift with it!

If you have a large group to give to (and they are of an age to be allowed the use of ink pens), I suggest the capped ink pens with the clear barrels. What you do is find a pretty and very busy picture in a magazine (I like to use Oriental Trading). Cut the picture out, open the pen by pulling the ink out, roll the picture around the ink container and reinsert to pen. Put the cap back on and voila! You have a gift that costs less than 10 cents each!

When I deck out an ink pen, I need a place to stand them up to dry. I place the round ribbon roll in a plastic cup. In the small hole on the ribbon roll, I place the pen where it could stand up to dry.