Making Decorated Ink Pens

I love beautiful things that you can make while spending almost nothing. I have made many of these for myself, they also make great gifts! Usually, a bouquet of flowers is around $20.00 and wilts within the week, these cost a fraction, and last till the ink runs dry. A beautiful gift that requires no crafting skills at all.:)

Place them in a jelly jar or vase, tie with whatever is handy, voila!
You can usually find these materials at your local Dollar Store.

Total Time: 1 minute

Yield: as many as you like!:)

Source: self

• 1 pen ($.10)
  • 1 floral tape ($2.00)
  • 1 fake flowers ($.20)
  • 1 scissors ($.00)
  • 1 jelly jar ($.00)
  • 1 ribbon ($.00)

1. Cut your fake flower stem to about 3" with scissors.
  2. Line the end of your ink pen up with the base of your flower, start wrapping with floral tape. Wrap in a downward spiral motion until you have covered the raw end of the stem.
  3. Start wrapping in an upward spiral back toward the pen end.
  4. Trim floral tape, press down firmly.
  5. All done!

4 More Solutions

Fast and Easy flower pens make a wonderful gift and pretty package decorations.

Finished flower pens in a vase.

If you have a large group to give to, I suggest the capped ink pens with the clear barrels. What you do is find a pretty and very busy picture in a magazine. Cut the picture out, open the pen by pulling the ink out, roll the picture around the ink container and reinsert to pen. Put the cap back on and voila! You have a gift that costs less than 10 cents each!

Make girly pens with materials you can see at home or at work. This craft I'm going to make is made with some things I found around at work while I waited for the break time to be over.

Making a Flower Pen - pink edged flower pen

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

When I deck out an ink pen, I need a place to stand them up to dry. I place the round ribbon roll in a plastic cup. In the small hole on the ribbon roll, I place the pen where it could stand up to dry.

Crafts GiftsJuly 30, 2013
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Flower-Pens-1.html