Convenience Foods - Categories:

Food & KitchenShopping

Convenience Foods

Mandy

I cook from scratch, which is a big money saver. I rarely buy convenience foods. Once in a while I will find a tremendous deal on something, only then do I buy it.

February 9, 2007 Flag

I do my grocery shopping once a week, with a list and coupons to save all I possibly can. When I get home, I take all my veggies and wash them and separate them into meal size packages. Then they are clean and ready to use, this way I don't tend to forget about them stashed in the veggie drawer. I also, wash the romaine lettuce, so it is ready to use for salads and sandwiches. To save on convenience foods, I have found it is a lot more economical to purchase the items to make your own. Convenience foods are always more expensive. I make my own by dicing all my veggies at one time; I buy the large blocks of cheese and shed them into freezer bags ready to pop out for casseroles and tacos, etc; I even make up your own bread and cake mixes. I found recipes for money saving home mixes by doing a search on google.com. I find the google search very helpful and time saving for many money saving recipes, all you have to do is type in what you are looking for and they do the search for you.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Editor's Note: Here are recipes for convenience mixes on ThriftyFun:

Recipes - Convenience Mixes

Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenApril 4, 2001
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
Convenience Mix
All-Purpose Convenience Mix Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 1:47:05 PM on 10.0.2.44 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.