Help With Prescription Drugs

I need assistance paying for my Singular. Can Merck help me with this payment?

By Dorothy from Dawson, GA

Help With Prescription Drugs

Try contacting Merck directly. You should be able to locate a website for the company. All drug companies have a department to assist people in your situation.

It depends on whether you have insurance or not and what kind, but here are a couple of sources that have helped me in the past:

rxassist.org

www.pparx.org

or as suggested call the company directly. Also, my doctors have given me samples when they're available. I hope you can get some help.

always always contact to mfg. directly. I was paying almost 1000 per month in meds because I dond't have insurance. The mfg. of my medications All gave me free medications for one year. They have requirements but usually are really able to help you. Sometimes the county you live in will also have a discount pharmacy card. Call you local Medicaid office to see if they offer something like this. DON"T pay for a discount card. that's a scam.

You can go to www.FreeMedicine.com and print off an ap. You bring the form to your Dr. and he fills out your meds. Then it gets sent in. You pay $10 one time for each prescription med and thereafter, your meds are all free.

This isn't just for low income people either. A family of four will qualify even if their income is 80k per year.

The phone number for free meds is 1-573-996-3333

I sincerely hope this helps. God Bless

You should be able to get Merck to help, using this link:

http://www.merck.com/responsibility/pap-information.html

but if you cannot, try this one. I have used them for several medications myself. I got 4 months worth of insulin free, so It's well worth the effort to print the forms and have your physician sign them! Good luck.

http://www.pparx.org/

Go to RXoutreach.org - I had to use them years ago and I know they do work. Good luck and keep us informed on what you end up doing ok?

November 9, 2011 Flag

I am not 65 but am on medicare and can not get medicaid. What help can be found for RX drugs and medical?

By Shirl

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Contact the manufacturer directly. This is what I did. They will send you a form or you can print one online. You'll have to meet the income requirement but if you do you can get your medications for free. I take 7 medications and onlly pay for two out of pocket. Well worth it. If you can't fiind who makes the drug, call your pharmacy and they can tell, maybe even have a website or phone number for them.

Good luck.

I have this same problem,on fixed income, not close to 65, so you have to do the work. Find the manufacturer they will help if Dr. writes a note stating your income, situation and you are a patient. I think they need this for what will be "tax right off" for them. I would also contact your local handicap,special needs office or where they provide in home supportive care they have many answers.

Try calling 211,sometimes churches,organizations or private people will tell them "if you get person of need for "this isn't advertised.Many great people are out there who want to help;some do not want to be known.So let them know you are in need. I have found that I try so hard to bless where I can (doesn't mean money, time, love, kindness); so does many others. Blessings, I know your needs will be met.

Almost all the major drug companies have helper programs. Contact them directly. Walmart / Sams Club, Costco, Target (and probably others) have a list of (specific) low cost drugs that you can get cheaply. Also ask your doctor for samples. Tell them your situation. Buy generic of course, as much as possible.

April 16, 2011 Flag

When my husband and I were struggling to pay for prescription drugs we contacted the pharmaceutical companies directly. They had us fill out a very brief financial statement (not too detailed) and they then sent us the medication for "free". Pfeitzer was one of them. I believe if you go to their website you'll see how to do this. They usually will send the medication to your doctor to be picked up as I don't believe they can send it directly to you. You can also ask your doctor for free samples if you don't have prescription drug insurance. This was a huge help to us as my husband had cancer.

By Chef4u from Sylvania, OH

Answers:

Help With Prescription Drugs

Thank you for the tip I went online and obtained 3 different applications for my mom, so even if she qualifies for one she will save a lot of money. (07/14/2009)

By l99lynn

Help With Prescription Drugs

Some of these plans will send you a three month supply while they process your information so even if you don't qualify at 150 to 300% poverty level you get three months free. (07/19/2009)

By pabrown

July 9, 2009 Flag

By Staff

We heard about this site on C-SPAN yesterday. It was organized by a doctor and nurse to help people with the high price of prescription drugs. Many pharmaceutical manufacturers have special programs to assist people who can't afford to buy the drugs they need. One problem is that it's often hard to learn about these programs. Pass the word along to those that need this help.

http://www.needymeds.com

Prescription Drugs
Getting Help Paying for Prescription Drugs
Health & Beauty Prescription DrugsApril 16, 2011
Disposing of Prescription Drugs
Disposing of Prescription Drugs
Recycling Prescription Bottles, Prescription Bottles on White Background
Saving Money on Prescription Drugs
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Old woman holding prescription drug bottles.
Prescription Drugs Tips for Seniors
🎄
🍂