Treating a Rash in Skin Folds

Itchy irritation can develop on skin where excess moisture and little air can circulate. This is a page about treating a rash in skin folds.

I am looking for relief for a yeast/fungal rash under my breast and in the fold of my leg. Has anyone experienced this and what did you use to get rid of the rash?

az2010 from Easthampton, MA

Answers

Best Answer

If you are overweight , then you need to get down to a healthy weight because obesity increases insulin resistance and predisposes to fungal infections. the folds of the skin are moist, dark and lack air. This is an ideal place for yeast to grow out of control. All people have yeast on our skin and body, but it can get out of control. Take antibiotics only when absolutely necessary and increase your hygiene when you do, using the creams for prevention. Eat more yogurt and sauerkraut because fermented foods keep bacterial counts normal so fungus does not take over. If you get rid of bacteria by antibacterial hand washing and cleaning agents, fungus overgrows. Plain soap and water are sufficient. Avoid antibacterial anything. Use alcohol based hand washes when out.

Air those parts by exposing them to air as much as possible, Wear light under clothing that is absorbent and easily washed. Cotton panties are a must. snip the crotch out of panty hose if they are covered with nylon. if you stay inside the seams they will not run. Use a hair dryer on cool to the affected parts when at home. Use anti-fungal creams-can buy at the dollar store-and put on the areas twice daily. Then shake athlete's foot powder, antifungal powder or any absorbent powder on top. Dry your skin thoroughly after showering and if you sweat-use a clean dry hand towel to remove moisture. Wash towels daily in hot water, borax, and rinse in vinegar. Dry in the sun or dryer till bone dry. Do this daily and for 2 months after the rash clears to keep it from coming back. After that maintain very good hygiene and think dry, dry, dry. Avoid sugar, sugar drinks, cashews, sweets to keep a good weight and also because sugar in your blood cause yeast infections to occur in all susceptible places. After work or at home wear a light shift or loose cotton pants and a loose cotton top.

I use hand towels in the summer to dry off since regular towels take up so much space in the dryer and I like a clean towel for each shower. 5-6 hand towels equal one thick towel and can be laundered frequently. Thick towels add up and are not necessary. This works. Let me know how you are doing.

Best Answer

One does not have to be overweight to have this problem, only large busted. I have found after my daily shower if I use Gold Bond Medicated Powder, it takes care of it. There is also a generic brand that works just as well! Also avoid as much sugar as you can, it feeds yeast!

Best Answer

Until you get down to a reasonable weight try any of the following :
1. After a shower, dry off and put some anti-fungal cream in the folds of your skin where you are likely to get a yeast rash.

2. No time for a shower use baby wipes/wet wipes during the day to stay fresh and keep a yeast rash from getting worse.

3. Get empty squirt bottle and fill it with 1 part white vinegar 2 parts water and splash it on after you shower or anytime during the day that you feel sweaty. If it irritates your skin use less vinegar and more water (1:6 ratio) or use anti-fungal cream.

Incidentally keeping all these things, (anti-fungal creams, wet wipes and vinegar splash), nice and cold in the refrigerator will help stop the itchiness you get sometimes with a yeast rash, the same as a cold shower stops itchiness.

I am currently being treated for pneumonia with z-pack, albuterol inhaler, steroids, cough syrup, and Diflucan. My question is being on these meds, how am I developing a skin fold (underside of fat roll) sore? Shouldn't the steroids and diflucan be clearing it up if not completely?

I do take other daily meds, but the doc says they're non-threatening to this problem (pain meds, muscle relaxers, etc.).

I've used Desitin, AD ointment, peroxide, alcohol, nystatin cream, and Gold Bond powder. What's the deal? Also, is there any coincidence that it always appears on the left side of the under-belly?
Anyand all help is appreciated!
God Bless!

Answers

Best Answer

I get them too. A few years back a pharmacist recommended I go to the Dollar Tree and get some athletes foot cream. It has the same ingredients as the expensive stuff. I have never bought anything cheaper but more importantly, better. Almost instant relief. I hope you try it as it will help.

Best Answer

I had that problem for years - tried everything. I finally realized one day that since it's the sweat that causes the rashes, I needed to find a way to keep it dry. Powders and such don't do any good - they become wet too.

So I went out and got an anti-perspirant deodorant. Problem solved. Never had that problem again. I worked for years with the elderly and disabled and recommended it many times. (This is after all. a very common problem.) Once anti-perspirant was applied the problem always went away.

Best Answer

The area under my stomach can get very sweaty and eventually sore, sometimes at the drop of a hat. Using Cetaphil cleanser helps, and dusting the area with Anti Monkey Butt powder helps a lot, usually after just one application. Gold Bond powder helps a bit, but the Anti Monkey Butt is excellent. Nystatin powder just seems to irritate the area more.

I have red rash in the crease of my chin which becomes red and itchy and it burns, too. I also see skin peeling. What is it? yeast ? fungus? or skin disease?

By mk from St. Paul, MN

Answers

Best Answer

Sounds like yeast, otherwise known as candida. You can try a weak solution of white vinegar or iodine. They both sting, but they will heal it, stop the itching & disinfect it; both of these kill candida.

Best Answer

I would go to a dermatologist.

Are heat lamps good to treat intertrigo?

Answers

Best Answer

First and foremost - I do not believe anyone on this site is qualified to offer/suggest any type of medical treatment.

Since intertrigo is primarily a skin disorder you may find some helpful information online that will help you decide if or when your condition is serious enough to warrant seeing a doctor.

Since this problem can occur in several different areas of the body you will have to adjust to the best method for your personal problem.

I work with a volunteer group that visits 'shut ins' and I see this condition quite often. I have seen different methods work but if you find one is working then try to stick with that method.
You can try to keep the area dry as much as possible and some people fold thin white pieces of cloth in the folds to help keep the area dry. Changing them often.
If you live alone you can try methods that you may not wish to use if other people are around.

As to heat lamps - I have never heard or read of anyone doing this and it may be more heat than you need.
If you're looking to dry the area perhaps a fan or more controllable hair dryer would be preferred.

I can relate some of the measures suggested for this skin rash but please understand that any suggestion is a temporary thing and a rash should be watched carefully to make sure it is healing properly and if not then make a doctor's appointment - you can see a regular GP or a dermatologist.

"Use a fan or blow dryer on the cool setting to air out the skin fold.
Use a soft towel to gently dry the area several times a day.
Wear clothing made of moisture-wicking fabric (cotton).
Wear loose clothing to avoid trapping moisture against the skin."

" mild topical steroid like 1% hydrocortisone cream, which is available without a prescription (over the counter, or OTC), and then covered with zinc oxide paste (Desitin)."
You can read some online medical information pertaining to this problem:

www.livestrong.com/.../

www.healthgrades.com/.../what-to-do-for-intertrigo

www.webmd.com/.../intertrigo-symptoms-causes-treatment...

I have a red line in the crease of my left side groin fold that burns. I normally use organic cornstarch (guy) dustings each morning. Yesterday I opened a new box of the same product and dusted. By evening the condition flared up. I used cold compress last night and cut a strip of gauze to put in fold at bed time. Any suggestions?

Can fat-fold fungal/yeast skin infection pass through to the hip joint?

By J-Alice8

Answers

Best Answer

Not sure if it can pass through the hip joint, but fungal / yeast infections are systemic, meaning that they are throughout the body, although they often surface in an isolated area. The best way to rid yourself of a problem is to change your diet. Medication will work on the area the infection surfaced, but a change of diet will take care of the root problem. By the way, you must stay on the diet after you feel better, because if you go back to your regular eating habits, the infection will again return.

I get this sore right on my waistline in the front. I have a gut on me and think I get these because I'm fat. The waistband on my underwear makes it hurt. It looks like a zit or something and hurts really bad. Sometimes it actually bruises up. What do I do?

Answers

Sounds like a clogged pore in your skin. Perhaps you need to seriously think about asking your doctor about it OR perhaps your gym teacher. Good Luck!

It might even be a boil. Wal-Mart sells a cream called Boil-Ease. A boil will have a pretty good sized red ring around it and will feel hot to the touch and will feel hard underneath the skin. If it doesn't clear up, I'd go to the Dr. You don't want to get a major infection, especially with the summer heat coming up. Good luck with it and I hope you get to feeling better, soon!

Ingrown velus hairs can cause discomfort and look similar to a pimple. There is a chance you are wearing clothing that rubs and or is too tight which is why it's coming up sore. If you have poor hygiene it could be a pimple due to dirt in the waist band of your garment. If you have poor personal hygiene it could be that you need to exfoliate and bathe more regular. There are sexual activity concerns that could have a part as well.
Without knowing you, your habits or your existing medical history: see a doctor! Why would you ask for medical advice from non professional not medically trained strangers and people from around the internet?

I have got a rash under my belly. It's sore. It's quite a bad rash. I think it is a sweat rash. I only found it tonight cos it was itchy.

After clearing up the rash from a a body yeast infection, the itching is terrible. Does anyone know what to do that will get rid of it? It's under my breast, stomach, and small tummy roll!

I have had, for 1 week, a thin red rash under my breast in the crease. I was given an antifungal cream. It has cleared up some of it, but some of it seems to be peeling off. It is not on the breast at all, just the crease. I have used the medication since Monday evening, so about 4 days. Is the peeling normal, and is it a fungal infection?

By JS

Answers

Try something like one of the diaper rash creams.

I have two suggestions, one that redhatterb has already mentioned. I have found that A&D ointment (for diaper rash) is good for many minor skin problems, from rashes to scratches. I am in my 60's but just discovered it a few years ago and now always have a tube on hand. It is great stuff. The other is Gold Bond Medicated Powder. I use that a lot, mainly in the summer, but it is useful for rashes too. And plain ol' soap and water sometimes will help. Wash the area with a wet soapy cloth, rinse and dry a few times a day. I hope you find one of these ideas will help.

I have an answer to the problem and can even save you money. As a diabetic, I too get them. It's a simple yeast infection. My pharmacist told me to go to the local dollar store and get a tube of athletes foot cream.

It works so well I keep one in the home, the car and my purse. Keeping the area clean helps, also not ingesting any high fructose corn syrups, palm/rapeseed oils and making sure it gets some air once in a while have all helped me. I hope these tips help you too.

I use a product called Zeasorb. It is used for fungus and athletes foot. I especially like it because it is a powder. Nice for areas that get moist. It is available at WM.

The other suggestions are good. I also can tell you it is common for these rashes to occur. I would keep it drt as possible. You can roll up wash clothes and put under your breasts, there is also an ointment called "Bag Balm". It comes in a square tin can. It will heal all rashes sometimes by morning. Good Luck. This is sometimes a symptom of sugar diabetes. So you may want to check with your Dr. Corn starch will also help keep it dry.

Health & Beauty AdviceJanuary 8, 2015
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Treating-a-Rash-in-Skin-Folds-1.html