Treating a Rash in Skin Folds

I have had, for 1 week, a thin red rash under my breast in the crease. I was given an antifungal cream. It has cleared up some of it, but some of it seems to be peeling off. It is not on the breast at all, just the crease. I have used the medication since Monday evening, so about 4 days. Is the peeling normal, and is it a fungal infection?

By JS

Try something like one of the diaper rash creams.

I have two suggestions, one that redhatterb has already mentioned. I have found that A&D ointment (for diaper rash) is good for many minor skin problems, from rashes to scratches. I am in my 60's but just discovered it a few years ago and now always have a tube on hand. It is great stuff. The other is Gold Bond Medicated Powder. I use that a lot, mainly in the summer, but it is useful for rashes too. And plain ol' soap and water sometimes will help. Wash the area with a wet soapy cloth, rinse and dry a few times a day. I hope you find one of these ideas will help.

I have an answer to the problem and can even save you money. As a diabetic, I too get them. It's a simple yeast infection. My pharmacist told me to go to the local dollar store and get a tube of athletes foot cream.

It works so well I keep one in the home, the car and my purse. Keeping the area clean helps, also not ingesting any high fructose corn syrups, palm/rapeseed oils and making sure it gets some air once in a while have all helped me. I hope these tips help you too.

I use a product called Zeasorb. It is used for fungus and athletes foot.

I especially like it because it is a powder. Nice for areas that get moist. It is available at WM.

The other suggestions are good. I also can tell you it is common for these rashes to occur. I would keep it drt as possible. You can roll up wash clothes and put under your breasts, there is also an ointment called "Bag Balm". It comes in a square tin can. It will heal all rashes sometimes by morning. Good Luck. This is sometimes a symptom of sugar diabetes. So you may want to check with your Dr. Corn starch will also help keep it dry.