Treating a Skin Rash

I have a red line in the crease of my left side groin fold that burns. I normally use organic cornstarch (guy) dustings each morning. Yesterday I opened a new box of the same product and dusted. By evening the condition flared up. I used cold compress last night and cut a strip of gauze to put in fold at bed time. Any suggestions?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Have you tried natural solution like aloe plant?

Try some Cortisone Cream from Walmart. It's anti-itch cream with aloe hydocortisone1%. That's what I use on a rash.

I also would suggest a cortisone cream like Cortaid. You cannot use this every day, however.

I know this type of rash can get very uncomfortable but I believe you should not use the powder until this rash has healed.
You could try Aloe Vera gel if you have this plant but you may need something more.
Here is some advice from my local Walgreen's:

You can ease some of the irritation by using a cool compress or an ice pack. Ice packs should never be placed directly on the skin, but should be wrapped in something soft like a tea towel.

If you have broken skin or sores, dont put on any cream or lotion until you have checked with your doctor. This may not mean a rash that you have irritated.
If you are in pain, get advice on medicines you can take. A pharmacist can advise on soothing creams and lotions.

Dont use any cream or lotion you already have at home until you have discussed your problem with a doctor or pharmacist.

He did say it was okay to use Aloe Vera gel or calamine lotion.
This kind of treatment is best used at night wearing very loose clothing.

It sounds like you need a trip to the doctor for a script. Maylox or Mylanta (or a generic) can be dabbed on burns and rashes and is rather soothing. It is recommended often by doctors and pharmacists and used in burn units, and it products such as magic mouthwash.

What caused it, and what's keeping the problem from healing?

For the best economical relief, use cold pressed virgin coconut oil. It's cheap and works on everything.

Best for relief and prevention: Monistat Chafing Relief and Powder Gel. Use a small amount after showering in skin folds where moisture can build up, especially in hot weather. Can also help people confined to bed. Comes in a 1.5-oz. tube. (A tube lasts a long time.) I've found it at CVS. You may have to ask a clerk where it is located in the store.

Bentonite Clay , just sprinkle it on will be gone in hours.

Try A&D Ointment. A little goes a long way. Works for me.

I have the same thing a lot, especially in the summer! After my shower, I put diaper rash cream on it, and within minutes it feels better! I use the generic kind doesn't have to be Desitin. Powder doesn't really help and it can make it worse, plus a mess if you're not careful. This is also good if you have chapped thighs too.

Corn starch feeds yeast on the skin. Don't use any powder that has corn starch in it.

I read that cornstarch feeds the yeast infection. I use Zeasorb powder. My doctor recommended it to me

Anonymous

My husband swears by the Goldbond powder spray w/aloe! He can't live without it, especially in the summer months!