Treating a Skin Rash Between Folds of Skin?

Are heat lamps good to treat intertrigo?


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
May 27, 20200 found this helpful
Best Answer

First and foremost - I do not believe anyone on this site is qualified to offer/suggest any type of medical treatment.

Since intertrigo is primarily a skin disorder you may find some helpful information online that will help you decide if or when your condition is serious enough to warrant seeing a doctor.

Since this problem can occur in several different areas of the body you will have to adjust to the best method for your personal problem.

I work with a volunteer group that visits 'shut ins' and I see this condition quite often. I have seen different methods work but if you find one is working then try to stick with that method.


You can try to keep the area dry as much as possible and some people fold thin white pieces of cloth in the folds to help keep the area dry. Changing them often.
If you live alone you can try methods that you may not wish to use if other people are around.

As to heat lamps - I have never heard or read of anyone doing this and it may be more heat than you need.
If you're looking to dry the area perhaps a fan or more controllable hair dryer would be preferred.

I can relate some of the measures suggested for this skin rash but please understand that any suggestion is a temporary thing and a rash should be watched carefully to make sure it is healing properly and if not then make a doctor's appointment - you can see a regular GP or a dermatologist.

"Use a fan or blow dryer on the cool setting to air out the skin fold.
Use a soft towel to gently dry the area several times a day.
Wear clothing made of moisture-wicking fabric (cotton).


Wear loose clothing to avoid trapping moisture against the skin."

" mild topical steroid like 1% hydrocortisone cream, which is available without a prescription (over the counter, or OTC), and then covered with zinc oxide paste (Desitin)."
You can read some online medical information pertaining to this problem:

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
May 27, 20200 found this helpful

I have to totally agree with cybergranny on this one. You really need to see a specialist in order to get this treated correctly.


She is right nobody on here is a doctor and it is not a good idea to give medical advise for a condition such as this.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts
May 28, 20200 found this helpful

See a Doctor for professional advice ,here is a link on using heat -

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Gold Answer Medal for All Time! 617 Answers
May 30, 20200 found this helpful

absolutely see a specialist, as none of us are. Even if we were, we would not there to see you, therefore would not know how best to treat you.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Health & Beauty AdviceMay 27, 2020
Pest Control
Father's Day Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-05-10 07:46:01 in 978 msecs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.