Yeast Rash In Skin Folds

I am looking for relief for a yeast/fungal rash under my breast and in the fold of my leg. Has anyone experienced this and what did you use to get rid of the rash?

az2010 from Easthampton, MA

Best Answer

If you are overweight , then you need to get down to a healthy weight because obesity increases insulin resistance and predisposes to fungal infections. the folds of the skin are moist, dark and lack air. This is an ideal place for yeast to grow out of control. All people have yeast on our skin and body, but it can get out of control. Take antibiotics only when absolutely necessary and increase your hygiene when you do, using the creams for prevention. Eat more yogurt and sauerkraut because fermented foods keep bacterial counts normal so fungus does not take over. If you get rid of bacteria by antibacterial hand washing and cleaning agents, fungus overgrows. Plain soap and water are sufficient. Avoid antibacterial anything. Use alcohol based hand washes when out.

Air those parts by exposing them to air as much as possible, Wear light under clothing that is absorbent and easily washed. Cotton panties are a must. snip the crotch out of panty hose if they are covered with nylon. if you stay inside the seams they will not run. Use a hair dryer on cool to the affected parts when at home. Use anti-fungal creams-can buy at the dollar store-and put on the areas twice daily. Then shake athlete's foot powder, antifungal powder or any absorbent powder on top. Dry your skin thoroughly after showering and if you sweat-use a clean dry hand towel to remove moisture. Wash towels daily in hot water, borax, and rinse in vinegar. Dry in the sun or dryer till bone dry. Do this daily and for 2 months after the rash clears to keep it from coming back. After that maintain very good hygiene and think dry, dry, dry. Avoid sugar, sugar drinks, cashews, sweets to keep a good weight and also because sugar in your blood cause yeast infections to occur in all susceptible places. After work or at home wear a light shift or loose cotton pants and a loose cotton top.

I use hand towels in the summer to dry off since regular towels take up so much space in the dryer and I like a clean towel for each shower. 5-6 hand towels equal one thick towel and can be laundered frequently. Thick towels add up and are not necessary. This works. Let me know how you are doing.

This answer has shed a lot of light on my problem except the part of me getting what appears to be pimples that grow, become sore than burst and bleed for a long time. They take a long time to heal when they are in the crease of the fat fold

The pimples growing out of control sound like a staph infection. These can be nasty. Try organic garlic (use the older stuff you wouldn't use for cooking anymore...you know when the green sprout starts that turns bitter. ) Chop it up and soak it in boiling water for 10 or 15 minutes, let it cool then soak the affected area or take it with you into the tub or shower and wash with it. There are tonnes of natural remedies for this... Doc may prescribe an antibiotic, and it may work, but staph is mutating and getting stronger so it may not work. Other things to try, tea tree oil, manuka honey, turmeric, oregano oil, (sounding tasty...lol) coconut oil, ulmo honey, lavender oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptus, bactrim, dettol, hydrogen peroxide, milk of magnesia, epsom salts, baking powder, staying away from sugar and alcohol...eat lots of leafy greens and probiotics like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut and kimchi. Also topically bentonite clay. Chop some raw organic garlic and add to olive oil with apple cider vinegar, oregano, a little honey, sea salt. It makes a nice salad dressing.

Oh and how skinny do you have to be to not have any skin folds? What about arm pits and between toes and behind your ears? If you are a woman you probably have breasts. Don't assume you have to be fat to get a rash.

Best Answer

One does not have to be overweight to have this problem, only large busted. I have found after my daily shower if I use Gold Bond Medicated Powder, it takes care of it. There is also a generic brand that works just as well! Also avoid as much sugar as you can, it feeds yeast!

Exactly I had a yeast infection so bad under my breast that it led to mastitis, I had to go to the er because all my home remedies this particular time wasn't working very scary because I read about inflammatory breast cancer, my breast are a H cup size and I sweat so bad once it is healed I find when you apply your deodorant I also apply it under my boobs that helps a lot and I keep on hand, nystatin powder. I hope I have given some helpful information. 

I have been plagued by candida outbreaks under my breasts and have wondered about using deodorant to keep the sweat down. I'll try that. The heat and sweat is not helping at all. Been spending a number of these hot days in my air conditioned house and that helps to keep it down. I also keep nystatin powder on hand as that is also very helpful.

I HAVE FOUND GOLD BOND POWDER HAS TALC....NOT SO GOOD

Best Answer

Until you get down to a reasonable weight try any of the following :
1. After a shower, dry off and put some anti-fungal cream in the folds of your skin where you are likely to get a yeast rash.

2. No time for a shower use baby wipes/wet wipes during the day to stay fresh and keep a yeast rash from getting worse.

3. Get empty squirt bottle and fill it with 1 part white vinegar 2 parts water and splash it on after you shower or anytime during the day that you feel sweaty. If it irritates your skin use less vinegar and more water (1:6 ratio) or use anti-fungal cream.

Incidentally keeping all these things, (anti-fungal creams, wet wipes and vinegar splash), nice and cold in the refrigerator will help stop the itchiness you get sometimes with a yeast rash, the same as a cold shower stops itchiness.

Anonymous

The very best is plain cornstarch. It is found in some powders, usually with perfumes and other things you don't need. Just go to the grocery store and buy a box. Clean and dry the affected area, then dust with the cornstarch, do this every chance you get, even when you can't wash the area, the cornstarch helps keep it dry and really helps stop the burning.

Dollar Tree Athletes Foot Cream is my go to. I promise it works great!!

Hi az2010, I develop yeast rashes under my belly apron and in groin folds and rub on coconut oil after showering. If 've neglected this until redness becomes sore I use the oil 3 days running which clears it up for a few days and start again. Coconut oil, of course, is antimicrobial of every kind. Being in damp folds, it tends to come back, but I do not, would not use cortisone in any form, nor any drug at all. I'm 77, have no doctor. So far haven't flattened my abdo area which will get rid of it permanently. Next to try core exercises??? Good luck.

Canestin cream or Lamisil works best. Apply at least twice daily. Ensure skin area is dry and cleaned before application. Third day should start seeing improvement.

I am overweight, bed bound and have psoriasis I found sudo creme worked amazingly for me. I hope it works as well for you.