What is This Rash?

This is some kind of rash under my right breast. It is very sensitive to the touch. Any idea of what this is! I might be able to figure it out if I have an idea of what it is

There's been SO much written about this on an AgingCare site I belong to. I myself had this. It is common, either caused by friction or dampness. You MUST stay dry there. I'll list some of the remedies from the AgingCare. #1 - keep dry. wash daily. Don't wear a bra that will irritate. Get air to the area. Use a fungal cream. Plain yogurt patted on is a quick antifungal, but hold up your affected area so it will dry. Wear loose clothing. Expose to sunlight; if you have privacy, go topless or wear a crop top. Use an antibiotic ointment to prevent a secondary infection. Ointment is soothing. YOu'll see rapid improvement, but it's pretty bad so give it a lot of time. Obviously you are prone to this so don't let it become advanced. You can use cornstarch under the breast to reduce friction and to absorb moisture. Lots of people said to use Gold Bond, which makes several different useful powders. You can use a combination of the preceding on the first day in fact. Stay well hydrated. And, you could have a yeast infection, so avoid sugar for awhile, as yeast thrives on sugar, pasta, white bread; avoid yeasty fermented foods. What have you tried already? I would boost your immunity by taking a probiotic capsule daily. Plain yogurt has some probiotics, in case you can't buy probiotic capsules.

Hello,
Thanks for the advice, the cornstarch really helped.
I have never experienced this and I was frightened, normally I'd never post a picture like that.
Thank you

Anonymous

It is a fungal rash. I used to get them all the time. The Doctor can give you a sulfa powder to dry it up. To keep it from coming back, use stick deodorant under the breasts just like under your arms. Spray nor roll on seem to work. I use either Suave or Lady Speed Stick from the Dollar Tree. Haven't had the rash for 5yr since another lady told me the secret.

This is not uncommon but it can be very painful and to keep it under control it takes constant/daily care.
The correct name for this problem: Intertrigo

There are several postings on ThriftyFun that has information on how to treat this condition but it's possible that you may need to see a doctor so they can prescribe suitable medication.

It is usually recommended that you keep the area as dry as possible and it helps to use a hair dryer (run it on cool). This can be especially useful after a shower as this area should only be gently patted dry - do not rub.

An anti-fungal cream followed by Zinc Oxide seems to be highly recommended especially during hot weather.

www.thriftyfun.com/Treating-a-Rash-in-Skin-Folds-1.html
www.thriftyfun.com/Treating-a-Skin-Rash-Between-Folds...

breastcancernow.org/.../intertrigo-rash-under-breast

Rashes like this can be common during the summer months when people are hot and sweat more. My grandmother had these from time to time and she would just add cornstarch to her bra to keep it dry and prevent the rash from coming back. They are painful and hurt when touched but the cornstarch dries them up and prevents them from coming back. I use to help my grandmother when she got older to dress because she couldn't strap her bra anymore. Before putting on her bra I had to sprinkle cornstarch in it for her.

Glad to hear the corn starch worked, now be really careful with certain detergents, fabrics, soaps(with perfumes) even certain lotions. In this area you would need to be careful more so now, so that the rash can stay at bay once it clears. Take Care!

Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 16, 2020
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-is-This-Rash.html