Selling Usable Clothing

If you don't have time for a garage sale, are there any other ways to profit from usable clothing? This could include online sites for selling or any other good ideas.

Selling Usable Clothing

I have bought several nice items of gently used clothing from EBay. It is a good way to find cheap clothes that have good wear left in them....and in

many sizes (even the very large) For example I won a set of 4 tops for $12.00 (including the shipping) and 2 nice slacks for $8 (again incl s/h).

This is a good way to thin out the closet and make a bit of money to buy MORE clothes...or books, or whatever - Margaret

For me personally, I did not find taking things to the consignment store profitable, however it was recycling. By the time, my items sold I got next to nothing because they continually mark things down. Not only that, you have to pay a fee to the shop to set up an account so you can have your clothes sold at the shop, however, this is once a year fee.

If you have deductions on your income taxes you probably would be better off donating them to charity and take a tax deduction.

Ms. Syd Barr

For women's and children's clothes take them to a Women's Shelter ..check

with a local church or the YWCA for where to find them. They are always in need of clothes (especially for the kids) - Britathrt

We have a Reader's Request answer that meshes with this topic nicely. For a list of consignment sites follow the link below.

If you have any friends that do a lot of yard sales, you might let them sell your things for a percentage of the items they sell. My girlfriend did that and had about 14 ladies she sold for. - Sue

See if anyone in your area is having a clothing swap. It will profit you clothes that you or your kids will wear.