Faster Baked Potatoes

Putting a metal skewer through a potato speed up the baking time in your electric or gas oven.

My husband and I slice the potato and put a pat of margarine/butter inbetween and some basil and salt and pepper and wrap in plastic wrap for 3 minutes on high in the microwave. Then put in on the bar-b q wrapped in aluminum foil, with your chicken, or other meats until softened. Tastes great and a ton faster than regular cooking times.

Yep. You can use 16 penny nails too but I would make sure they are stainless steel. If I have the time, I coat mine in butter and wrap in foil. But now days, I usually just nuke them. Of course...without that nail in the middle!

This is good in the oven. I bought a mitt at the Amish market for $4.00 that does a really great and fast job in the microwave. It also cooks corn.

A baked potato with a lot of toppings.
Baked Potato Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsSeptember 26, 2001
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Baked Potato With Ham and Cheese
Baked Potato Tips And Tricks