Removing Mold From Canvas

Canvas Tent

When fabric can not dry out completely, mold and mildew can develop. This guide is about removing mold from canvas.

Here are questions related to Removing Mold From Canvas.

Question: Mold Out of Canvas Tent

Does anyone know how to get mold and mildew out of the canvas from a camper trailer? I am borrowing a friend's camper, but the canvas is full of mold and mildew. I would like to use it, as it is a nice trailer, but unfortunately someone put it away wet. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Best Answers

By 02/05/2002

First off, leave it open, ideally in sunlight if possible. The sun will kill the spores. I know, depending on where you live, that's more difficult this time of year. If you can put it in a warm garage, that will help also.

Mold/mildew spores are everywhere in the air. If something remains damp for 48 hours or more without much air, mold/mildew can grow. The stains are difficult to remove entirely but you can lighten them and freshen the canvas. Nature's Miracle or Odor Ban or oxygenating compounds likes OxiClean will help it smell better and work on the stains.

Obviously, make sure you let the tent dry thoroughly before storing it away again or the mildew will grow back. If you have to work a lot on the fabric you may want to water proof it again after it is dry.
Good Luck,

- Susan

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Wanda (Guest Post) 08/08/2004

Use IOSSO. We have a Montana canvas wall tent and this is the best stuff around!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Cindy (Guest Post) 06/18/2007

We were given a pop up camper recently that had lots of mold and mildew. We were told to use a product called Awesome from Dollar General and it works great! It took out all of the mold and mildew.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Removing Mold and Mildew on Camper Canvas

How would I be able to get rid of the mildew and mold on the inside of my camper canvas? The outside I got cleaned looks and feels like leather, but the inside is more like fabric and the stains are sitting in it.

By Jennifer

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Solutions: Removing Mold From Canvas

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!