Browsing: Removing Mold From Canvas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Mold From Canvas

When fabric can not dry out completely, mold and mildew can develop. This guide is about removing mold from canvas.

Canvas Tent

January 28, 2002 Flag

Does anyone know how to get mold and mildew out of the canvas from a camper trailer? I am borrowing a friend's camper, but the canvas is full of mold and mildew. I would like to use it, as it is a nice trailer, but unfortunately someone put it away wet. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

First off, leave it open, ideally in sunlight if possible. The sun will kill the spores. I know, depending on where you live, that's more difficult this time of year. If you can put it in a warm garage, that will help also.

Mold/mildew spores are everywhere in the air. If something remains damp for 48 hours or more without much air, mold/mildew can grow. The stains are difficult to remove entirely but you can lighten them and freshen the canvas. Nature's Miracle or Odor Ban or oxygenating compounds likes OxiClean will help it smell better and work on the stains.

Obviously, make sure you let the tent dry thoroughly before storing it away again or the mildew will grow back. If you have to work a lot on the fabric you may want to water proof it again after it is dry.

Good Luck,

- Susan

Best Answer

Use IOSSO. We have a Montana canvas wall tent and this is the best stuff around!

Best Answer

We were given a pop up camper recently that had lots of mold and mildew. We were told to use a product called Awesome from Dollar General and it works great! It took out all of the mold and mildew.

Ok Cindy 2007 your advice on getting mold and mildew off pop-up camper canvas was right on!. I did not dilute the LA Awesome solution however because of the amount of mildew and mold on our one day purchased pop-up. We got a really good deal on the camper because of the mold and needless to say me, my husband and my boys are so psyched to have taken a chance and try your remedy. Def A+. I'm going to stock up on the spray so each year I can have it on hand in case.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning MoldApril 14, 2013
Balack mokd on the wall.
Getting Rid of Black Mold
Preventing Mold On Berries, Moldy Strawberry
Preventing Mold On Fresh Berries
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 24, 2016 at 12:28:36 AM on 10.0.0.52 in 247 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.