Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Uses for Old Bedding

1 0EmailFollow
Bedding in a laundry basket.

Old bedding, in addition to sheets, such as blankets and mattress pads can be put to new uses after they are no longer used as bedding. This is a guide about uses for old bedding.

Solutions: Uses for Old Bedding

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Use Old Blankets for Quilt Batting

Old wool like blankets make great filler or batting for quilts, especially the scratchy ones.

By Leona [1]

Tip: Reuse Old or Torn Fitted Sheet on Box Spring

I have some lovely sheets that complement my bedroom, but had a center tear (fitted sheet). I like to save those for putting over the box spring. With the regular mattress on top, the tear isn't going anywhere, but it makes for a nice stream lined look. No ugly box spring visible. I've done this in my daughter's room as well, all she has to do is pull up the sheet and comforter and her bed looks awesome.

By cassie wadley [5]

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Uses for Old Bedding.

Question: Uses for Old Bedding

How do you use old bedding? We have a lot of answers for sheets from last years brainstorm but what about blankets, mattress pads and pillows.

Best Answers

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel [9]08/17/2004

Those old recieving blankets that are to small for you growing baby make great all purpose rags when cut up. I use them to wipe noses, clean up messes, wipe messy faces, dry bottoms after cleaning, and much more. I always have them around and they cost me nothing (they were all gifts!).

By Deanna

Best Answers

02/05/2002

Our local S.P.C.A. always needs old sheets, towels, blankets, etc for caring for the animals they have.

- Barb/Bluejay