Uses for Old Bedding

Old bedding, in addition to sheets, such as blankets and mattress pads can be put to new uses after they are no longer used as bedding. This is a guide about uses for old bedding.

Bedding in a laundry basket.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How do you use old bedding? We have a lot of answers for sheets from last years brainstorm but what about blankets, mattress pads and pillows.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Our local S.P.C.A. always needs old sheets, towels, blankets, etc for caring for the animals they have.

- Barb/Bluejay

Best Answer

Those old recieving blankets that are to small for you growing baby make great all purpose rags when cut up. I use them to wipe noses, clean up messes, wipe messy faces, dry bottoms after cleaning, and much more. I always have them around and they cost me nothing (they were all gifts!).

By Deanna

Read More Answers...

Old wool like blankets make great filler or batting for quilts, especially the scratchy ones.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have some lovely sheets that complement my bedroom, but had a center tear (fitted sheet). I like to save those for putting over the box spring. With the regular mattress on top, the tear isn't going anywhere, but it makes for a nice stream lined look. No ugly box spring visible. I've done this in my daughter's room as well, all she has to do is pull up the sheet and comforter and her bed looks awesome.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
      Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 24, 2013
      Woman Storing Bedding in Linen Closet
      Storing Bedding
      Sleigh Bed
      Choosing Bedding for a Sleigh Bed
      Bed Sheets hanging on a line.
      Getting Rid of Sour Smell in Bedding
      Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
      Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 8:50:40 PM on 10.0.0.209 in 472 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.