Browsing: Uses for Old Bedding

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Old Bedding

Old bedding, in addition to sheets, such as blankets and mattress pads can be put to new uses after they are no longer used as bedding. This is a guide about uses for old bedding.

Bedding in a laundry basket.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 17, 2004 Flag

How do you use old bedding? We have a lot of answers for sheets from last years brainstorm but what about blankets, mattress pads and pillows.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Our local S.P.C.A. always needs old sheets, towels, blankets, etc for caring for the animals they have.

- Barb/Bluejay

Best Answer

Those old recieving blankets that are to small for you growing baby make great all purpose rags when cut up. I use them to wipe noses, clean up messes, wipe messy faces, dry bottoms after cleaning, and much more. I always have them around and they cost me nothing (they were all gifts!).

By Deanna

Aliceone's website for helping the shelter is great. Here's the link with specifications for the cage comforters:

http://www.pleasebekind.com./ccp.html

I know there are lots of animal lovers on ThriftyFun. It's a good way to use up extras and help the animals, too.

Susan from ThriftyFun

You can use sheets as washable seatcovers. Here, they cover the truck bench seat, and in the L/R, they cover my couch. When dirt or pets hair happen, they can be washed! The local thrift stores resell sheets and other bedding. They're great used as backing for a quilt.

Read More Answers...

July 29, 2015 Flag

Old wool like blankets make great filler or batting for quilts, especially the scratchy ones.

May 31, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about uses for old sheets. Clean out your linen closet and put those old, worn, or stained sheets to a new use.

Stack of folded old bed sheets

January 25, 2014 Flag

I have some lovely sheets that complement my bedroom, but had a center tear (fitted sheet). I like to save those for putting over the box spring. With the regular mattress on top, the tear isn't going anywhere, but it makes for a nice stream lined look. No ugly box spring visible. I've done this in my daughter's room as well, all she has to do is pull up the sheet and comforter and her bed looks awesome.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 24, 2013
Woman Storing Bedding in Linen Closet
Storing Bedding
Sleigh Bed
Choosing Bedding for a Sleigh Bed
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 6:12:30 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.