KitchenCleaning

Kitchen Counter Tops

Category Kitchen

Does anyone know how to shine up a dingy counter top? After regular everyday cleaning and wiping with a kitchen spray, my kitchen counter is dingy and streaky. I would like it to not look so dull but new and shiny. Any suggestions?

Lisa

It really depends on the age of the counter top ... is it way past it's prime and you are still suffering in hopes of making it look new again? It won't happen.

It may be the time to "bite the bullet" and replace it and lift your spirits.

Anonymous

I have found a product that turned my dull off white laminate kitchen counters shiny and new again. I got it at my local Lowes store. It is by Hope's and it is simply called Counter Top Polish. It is under five dollars, and a little goes a very long way. Don't know how I managed without it.

Good Luck,

- Cheryl

HOLD IT! Don't buy new counter tops just yet! I live in a rental house that had dull formica tops. I have tried that counter polish and I could not tell any difference. I also tried car wax and furniture polish with out success. What did work? I had a block of plain wax, the kind they use for canning. I rubbed it on and then buffed it off with a nice heavy duty rag. Very hard work but my counter tops are shiny now.