Protecting Carpet from Heavy Furniture

Where can I find good carpet pads or covers for under the feet of my couch? The couch is so heavy that it dents the carpet all the way down to the pad.

Deee from Michigan

Can someone tell me how to get out of commercial carpet the indentations made by furniture? I had it put in my basement family room and it is a disaster. I like to rearrange furniture, so I have a really ugly looking floor. Even ladder backs chairs pulled out from a table, even though not even sat in, leave ugly marks. Any ideas or remedies would be appreciated.

- Lindaa

RE: Marks on Carpet from Furniture

I have hardwood floors with area rugs, so I don't have any personal experience BUT, I have read in a couple of sources that an ice cube placed on the indented spot and left overnight will help fibers to "bounce

back." Good luck!

- OneRamp

RE: Marks on Carpet from Furniture

Linda, if you put an ice cube on the indented carpet, the dent will go away. Sometimes larger marks need more than one ice cube.

- Nancy

Hi Dee, I too am looking to something to protect my carpets. They really need help as I have a recliner sectional and its really heavy.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetFebruary 26, 2006
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film