Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

I have a grey porcelain bathroom sink that I love. Around the drain there is quite a bit of rust. I really don't want to replace the sink. Does anyone know how to get rid of rust once and for all? Or could I sand down the rusty spots and apply paint for porcelain over it and have it last? Thanks.

By Cyd from CO

"Have you tried Bar Keeper's Friend? I had a stained porcelain sink (marks from my cast iron skillet, plus rust from something else), and nothing else helped. My mother-in-law recommended Bar Keeper's Friend, and it worked like a charm! I found it in the cleaning supplies near Comet. Best of luck!"

I tried the pumice stone that was suggested on this page and it worked! It's not 100% yet, but close (98% gone). I'd recommend this over the chemicals. At least, give it a try first. Thanks Kristal.

make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide with a ratio of 2:1. Spread it on the stain area and let stand for at least 45 min. Scrub it gently. Repeat it again regularly.

Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenNovember 11, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink