Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

I have a grey porcelain bathroom sink that I love. Around the drain there is quite a bit of rust. I really don't want to replace the sink. Does anyone know how to get rid of rust once and for all? Or could I sand down the rusty spots and apply paint for porcelain over it and have it last? Thanks.

By cyd from CO

Anonymous

"Have you tried Bar Keeper's Friend? I had a stained porcelain sink (marks from my cast iron skillet, plus rust from something else), and nothing else helped. My mother-in-law recommended Bar Keeper's Friend, and it worked like a charm! I found it in the cleaning supplies near Comet. Best of luck!"
(www.thriftyfun.com/tf55521849.tip.html)

I tried the pumice stone that was suggested on this page and it worked! It's not 100% yet, but close (98% gone). I'd recommend this over the chemicals. At least, give it a try first. Thanks Kristal.

Best Answer

A pumice stone will also remove the brown ring in your toilet bowl without scratching it up!

Anonymous

make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide with a ratio of 2:1. Spread it on the stain area and let stand for at least 45 min. Scrub it gently. Repeat it again regularly.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenNovember 11, 2010
🍀
💘