Dandruff Remedy

How do I get rid of dandruff?

By craftyme

Are you sure it is dandruff and not something else. Several years ago I thought I had a horrible case of dandruff and I had never had dandruff in my life. Finally I went to a dermatologist and was diagnosed with psoriasis and he prescribed a special shampoo and a lotion to rub on the scalp and it cleared up within a couple weeks.

I have suffered from psoriasis on my scalp as well. A hair stylist told me to never use Head n Shoulders or any of the blue tar shampoos often used for dandruff because it could actually make it worse. I recommend a Tea Tree oil based shampoo and conditioner. Paul Mitchell carries a full line that works well & cheaper than a prescription. It will work for dry, itchy scalp, dandruff or psoriasis.

It takes time for dandruff shampoo to work. You need to leave it on 3 minutes, then rinse it off and put more on for 5 minutes. You will see a big difference after that.

If it is Dandruff, I would say to use Head and Shoulders. It works very well. Here is a link:

http://www.headandshoulders.com/en- ... spx?gclid=CJLlhIP9nqgCFQOt7Qod-ThPHw

I tried every shampoo with a different active ingredient and even used prescription Nizoral. None of them worked and some made it worse. Then I began using Hollywood Tea Tree Oil on my scalp. Cured it. I like the Hollywood brand because it doesn't have the offensive odor that a pharmaceutical grade does. I have tried mixing it into my shampoo, but I have better results applying it directly and massaging it in. I use a cleaned out hair color bottle so that I can apply it right at the scalp and not have it go all over my hair.

Try Listerine. Yes, the mouthwash; and I mean that mediciney amber colored one, not the mint flavored. The store brand works just as well. It was sold as a dandruff remedy and topical antiseptic when it first hit the market. Use an applicator bottle to apply to the scalp and let it sit on the scalp for at least 20 minutes, then shampoo as normal. Do this several days in a row, until it clears up. You should also sanitize any combs, brushes, etc. every time you use them until it is completely gone.

Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Dandruff ControlApril 13, 2011
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair